- 7" x 7" square white card stock
- backing papers, plain, patterned plus the images all came from 'Fabulous Shoes' by Katy Sue Designs, There are 20 different collections on this fab CD, each one is divine. Plus, each collection comes with some really quirky shoe images, decoupage, patterned backing, plain backing, card templates, embellishments - the list goes on. I've only scratched the surface with this card by opting for a single layer image, die cut with a circle and layered onto a scalloped circle
- the scalloped edge down the right hand side was punched using Martha Stewart's 'Traditional Scallop' punch, with little white pearls added
- the sentiment is from the Whimsical Designs set called 'Whimsical Fun - Vol. 1', stamped using Memento 'Toffee Crunch' ink, die cut with a circle die, layered onto a scalloped circle and then a little toadstool embellishment cut out and popped on beside the sentiment
- the ribbon (a much paler mushroom colour in real life) is just tied with a little bow then topped with a toadstool charm tied on with iridescent cord
- then I added some white pearl swirls (bought in New Mexico from a bargain bin). The jury is out here as to whether they stay or not, they're a bit lost in the patterned paper but in real life do add some extra dimension - and if I try to pick 'em off I just betcha I'd wreck the card anyhow. I did ask my in-house critic and he voted for them to stay - much to my amazement.
Two posts from me today, Saturday Supper is below if you fancy cooking something a bit different.
WOW - FAB-U-LOUS shoe image die. Great card. Pictures never to the real life card any justice, but in the photo I agree, the pearls are a little lost (hope you don't mind me saying). IRL of course, they are probably FINE!ReplyDelete
Ooh, jealous much?ReplyDelete
I was after this cd Di, loved the look of the designs. I have the next one from the same designer which is dresses and hats along the same lines as the shoes. Also has shop fronts. The cards I have made from that have been popular.
Oh my word what a stunning and fabulous card Di, Love the papers image and everything about it - just perfect.ReplyDelete
What a simply splendid card.ReplyDelete
If you're quick you might just be able to enter it over at the Pan Pastels challenge blog where the theme is spots and dots.
Cute shoe/mushroom image in those red polka dots, and that mushroom charm is da bomb! Love all the pearls too!ReplyDelete
FAB-U-LUSS DAHLING!!! Great shoes! and a great card.xReplyDelete
Ohhhhhhhhh this is lovely Di love the colours you have used huggles Sue xxxReplyDelete
Wow great image and papers, love the colours and the way you have done the sentiment.ReplyDelete
I want those shoes Di!ReplyDelete
This card looks gorgeous and if Uncle Len says the flourishes look good then leave em be!
Great totalk earlier.
Stunning card Di, I haven't got my head around using CD's yet, so well done you!ReplyDelete
Gorgeous card - love the shoes, the ribbon, the little toadstool charm and the super sentiment ... everything really :) I'm ashamed to say I have that CD but I've yet to make anything with it - perhaps I will now :)) Hugs, Elizabeth xxReplyDelete
Oh la laReplyDelete
These shoes are fabby and so is the pretty card. I enlarged it and I vote the pearls stay!
They are really pretty and go with the pretty, whimsical theme!