Saturday 31 December 2011

A HUGE thank you to Jules for the Snippets Challenge

For a whole year, Jules of Always with a Heart has been hosting our Snippets Challenge. Here is my last card for her year, with a HUGE thank you as she is stepping down. It's especially for Jules from all of us with tons of love and our thanks for all the fun and fantastic inspiration and if you look closely you'll see she, very appropriately, has a heart in her hair and teeny little ones on her dress:)
I used:

-  6" x 6" square white card stock

- backing papers from snippets

- Gorjuss Girls stamp ' Bumble Bee' - coloured with Pro Markers plus some Glamour Dust on her wings. Her legs and dress are paper pieced from snippets - oops, I did give her some slightly pink cheeks after taking this photo 'cos she looked a bit like Mr Pastry!!

- Nesties to die cut (Labels 8)

- LOTV sentiment stamps - 'General Greetings - small' (a new set for me and I love them!)

- ribbon, flowers and brad from stash

So, for the last time, I'm entering this into Jules Crafty Snippets Challenge - week 51.

Next up is a confession, as Jules is standing down I'm taking over the keys to The Playground - HELP!!! I'm both excited, and really quite scared, and I do hope you don't all run away and hide - she's a very hard act to follow as I said!!!!!!

Tomorrow Jules will show her snippets - ha, ha - bet there's no reduction! I know that mine are increasing exponentially (yay, a BIG word at last) and I do hope that we can continue Jules' good work. She will still be hopping in to show her makes - and I also hope you all continue to follow her fantastic blog as well as showing us your snippet makes on here. My first posting of 2012, tomorrow, will have Mr Linky as Jules always had on Sundays. Thank you again Jules for all your support and hard work, I think that Always With a Heart is true in more ways than you know, and wishing you loads of luck in your new ventures.

Hope you all have a great evening, whatever you have planned to mark the arrival of 2012! We'll be quiet here - and hoping for a better year ahead.

Di
x

16 comments:

  1. Morning Di . . . just know you'll be a fab new caretaker for the Snippet Playground.

    Love your card . . . bright and cheerful - just like you.

    Right . . . I'd better go find some snippets to play with . . . .

    Happy New Year my friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Di, congrats on taking over the playground keys, jules certainly changed the way I craft as my snippet draw is the first place I look, not that is seems to be reducing mind....I think they breed when I am not looking lol. Will certainly be joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fab card. Jules will love it. My snippet mountain has doubled too. I am going to make a yearly donation of snippets to a friend who runs a Sunday school and Messy church group, but there will be plenty to still join in I'm sure. See you soon in the playground

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Di

    You have made me blush!!

    What a lovely post and a lovely card you have posted.

    It would be lovely to be able to dress up like that for our New Year celebrations tonight .. .. but sadly it will be the usual black trousers and a snuggly cardigan and top. Something you can throw yourself around in without petticoats and wings getting in the way whilst playing silly games LOL!!!

    I won't be hard to follow .. .. you will do a fantastic job .. .. I just know it!!

    The thank you should be from me to all the lovely playmates who kept me company.

    I am sure you will get lots of playmates calling by and I will certainly be one of them.

    Have a brilliant 2012 Di (or should I say "Miss Di") LOL!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all your visits this year, Di, and especially for al your encouragement. Just one query - what are the rules for the Snippets challenge? xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to you for taking over the playground keys. I'm sure you will do a brilliant job.
    Hugs,
    A x
    ps and just in case we thought we had enough hospital for one year Brent was rushed to hospital this morning by ambulance with severe kidney stone pain :-( the back up team was called at 7.30 this morning to care for the twins. He is now back home on strong pain tabs and antibiotics cos there is no urologist available til Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant card Di, I am sure you will be a great success.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Di! I bet you are thrilled. I will look forward to joining in with the challenges :) Happy New Year, have a good one x
    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your new post. will be stopping by to have a snoop and see what it is all about. Happy New Year to you. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Di, Many congratulations on your new post you'll done them proud! your card is fabulous lovely image .........and l cooked my Ham in Coka cola with the onion but did it in the slow cooker and it turned out beautiful thanks for the recipe......had a fab new year:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Di,

    Your card is just too cute for words - especially the flower in the hair!

    I'll have to pop in to see what's this you're taking over.

    Awaiting the arrival of 2012.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card Di, great choice to post for Jules.
    Ok out goes 2011 very shortly and in comes 2012.
    Does this mean that the old Di(not age) goes out and in comes the new Diva, white tack and no comments lol. I somehow doubt it, but hey I had to say it. Congrats and good luck, and I am sure you will do a fantastic job.
    Love and best wishes and a Happy New Yeat to you and the Bird Man from Alcatraz(been there but can't remember how to spell it)

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your post. Love your card such a sweet image and love the design and colour combo.
    Happy New Year to you and your family.
    Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet card and lovely post. Blushing or not Jules deserves it and more.
    I know you will do a marvelous job as gate keeper of the playground. ATM I can’t even get into my Closet so a good clean up is in order but I’ll be joining you in the playground ASAP.

    All the VERY Very Best to you in 2012
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  15. A fab card, she looks so sweet and innocent!! Just like ME!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to second all you've written about Jules! I'm glad you've taken over the keys to the playground, I'll be seeing you there!

    Happy New Year!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.