Saturday 3 December 2011

Not a Christmas card either!

Mooching round the house yesterday after finally 'peaking' with this bug thingy, I had a change from making Christmas cards. A while ago my pal Sandra of Stamping for Pleasure had a little sell-off of some stamps and I was first in the queue so this little beauty was sitting on my desk just waiting to be used:
Very straightforward with some paper piecing on the flower and leaves.

I used:

 - 6" x 6" square white card stock

- Penny Black 'Dotted Petals' stamp, stamped in black with the petals and leaves paper pieced

- papers so kindly sent to me by Dee from the Prima 'Annalee' paper pack - both for the background and the paper piecing (now have more leftover snippets in the folder - not one scrap ever gets thrown away!)

- sentiment from the Hero Arts 'Live Life' set - I'm fairly sure I got this set after admiring them on cards made by my mate Sandra of 'Stamping For Pleasure'.

I also followed Jules advice and used a Quickie Glue pen to glue up the main image rather than the fiddly bits to stick on - so much easier!

My day was brightened even more yesterday by a win on the Penny Black at Allsorts November Challenge. It really is just the luck of the draw so not based on talent but I was still 'pickled tink'!!

Oooer, before I forget, Sandra is now giving away some cross-stitch stash that she no longer uses - you just have to email her if you see anything you like over on her blog, first come, first served!! Sorry, these are all now taken!


Have a great weekend!

Di
x

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Di, glad you're beating the bug!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Di

    This is gorgeous.

    I love the soft tones and your colour mix.

    Fabulous image and sentiment too.

    Great finished look.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Di, This is a lovely change from all the Christmas cards that are being shown although its nice to see them! beautiful image and i aggree its so soft colours make it stand out beautifully love the sentiment too!:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the plug Di . . . all cross stitch goodies now taken, so I've removed the post.

    I must say you've made a BEAUTIFUL card with this stamp. LOVE the paper piecing.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Di. I love the image and layout and the colours are so pretty.
    Have a lovely weekend!
    Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how nice, back to flowers, my favorite images, especially PB ones. Fabulous card Di, pretty and lovely soft colours but, how stupiud am I, paper piecing is one of my favorite things and I never thought to glue the image instead of the cut outs. Thanks for that, I will never be out of your debt for one thing or another.

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend, hope you have remembered the Sunday roast this week lol.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, me again, there is on my dashboard a posting from you about another Christmas card and using a peg stamp or something but it is not on your blog???

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.