Monday 12 December 2011

Cards for our little grand daughters at Christmas

As ever, I'm right on the end of the wire with these. I need to go and queue in our Post Office today (might take a book) after going to a funeral at lunchtime and also nursing a stinking cold and cough - once again!!  New bug, old bug - I dunno (: However, I did make some cards for the girls in Germany - which I hope they'll like:


It's from a card set from QVC called 'Patchwork Pals', I'll be honest, they aren't all my favourites, but I got a couple of acceptable cards for Mia and Livi in Germany. What is very cute is that the fronts are covered in acetate and then right behind the image there's a back view!! Kids will be nosy :))

I said, I'm struggling here with yet another cold/cough, as my Dad would have pointed out, it must have been drinking out of damp glasses on the Wednesday night out! And his 'remedy' was to rub your chest with an empty whisky bottle - after drinking the contents - he was a bit of a scallywag :)) But, the show goes on!!

Di
x

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Di. The girls should just love them. Hoping that cold goes soon so you can enjoy all the festivities.....I def advise a hot toddy before going to bed :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Di

    Sorry to hear you have "more" germs. Hurry up and get rid of them before Santa comes to call!!!

    Great cards .. .. loving the acetate idea and being able to see a back view as well as a front.

    Good luck in the Post Office queue .. .. and sorry you have a funeral to attend :-(

    Take care.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The girls will adore them, GET WELL SOON.......xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute novelty Christmas cards. The girls will love them.

    Hope you feel better soon xxxx

    Hope this sad day goes smoothly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Cards I am sure your Grandaughters will love them.
    Sorry about the cough and cold Join the CLUB!!!
    Hopefully you will be fit for Christmas and a Hot Toddy sound good to me. I might even join you tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards Di, the girls will love them :)

    I hope you start to feel better soon and manage to shift all those nasty bugs, lots of (((hugs))) to you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dad sounds great! hee hee I hope you get over your cold real soon. It's a bummer being sick, especially this time of year.

    The cards are adorable - and personalized with their names. How thoughtful of you!!!

    I got my "craft closet" all done, however, my workspace is still full of packages to post and gifts waiting to be wrapped. Am going to try to join in on the WOYWW - but may be knitwork.

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cards are perfect. Hope that cold is getting better.x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm after your vote. Please pop over to my blog and follow the link to support me :-)
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look super cute I am sure your Grand-daughters will love them. I did my Grandsons the Kanban ones with the wobbily heads and they loved them.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Di, Lots of colds going around don't seem to be shifting! hope your not too long with yours and you feel better soon, Love your grand daughters cards they will love them the images, layout and backing papers are fabulous:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh poor you, I've still got my cold since beginning of November - hope you get rid of it quicker than me! Just love these little cuties - I'm still madly struggling here.......if only the DVT hadn't arrived I'd be a lot less stressed now!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.