Thursday 22 December 2011

Carolling Duck!

If you're looking for WOYWW 134 of 28th December then please go here 'cos Dumbo put the wrong link in her first attempt!!


Firstly, it's just before 7am here - the day after WOYWW. So many lovely people left get well wishes yesterday, I'm quietly shaken. And the great news is that I slept for eight hours last night without stirring, or honking like a goose! I can't explain how much better I feel for that this morning - oh my, fingers crossed!! :)

This card uses another pre-loved stamp that I bought a while ago- I need to go through my own stamps for a little sort out sometime, but being a hoarder doesn't help!

I did love using this image, it made me 'smile all the while':


I used:

- Penny Black 'Carolling Duck' stamped with Memento Black, coloured with Pro Markers and a sprinkling of Glamour Dust on the furry bits

- green backing card from the never-decreasing snippets stash folder

- papers from Hot Off The Press 'Forever Christmas Cards' paper stack

- sentiment by Funstamps 'Small Merry Christmas' - stamped using Dewdrops Brilliance 'Pearlescent Poppy' ink pad

- ribbon from stash

- Josy Rose nail heads

As I used some snippets, I'm entering this into Jules Crafty Snippet Challenge - Week 50 . The playground gates close tomorrow so I've just managed to scamper in!

Di
x

12 comments:

  1. A lovely smiley card! Honk Honk!! Glad you had a good nights sleep...lets hope you're on the mend!!!! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Di

    What a fabby image .. .. love that little carolling duck.

    Fabulous use of your snippets. Love the music behind the image.

    So pleased you feel a little better after that long sleep .. .. I will keep my fingers crossed too!!

    Thank you for sharing in the snippet playground this week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahooo . . . you're feeling better. That IS good news. Amazing what a good night's sleep can do.

    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card ;) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased to hear that you are feeling a bit better, just in time for the holiday season.
    Sorry to trouble you Di but have you heard from Karen lately. Her blog hasn't changed and I have sent several email and no reply.Not sure if you have my email but it is. gillmott10@hotmail.co.uk. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Di, So pleased to know your feeling better now just in time for the festive season nothing worse than feeling bad with all the excitment goings on!! your card is just adorable love the image hope its not going in the Christmas pot......lol beautiful background too!:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card Di...and it made me smile too...esp as it is now hanging 12" from where I am sitting :-)....just love it.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really glad that you are feeling better today, lets hope another good nights sleeps get you back to normal.
    Fabulous card, great image and I love the papers and your layout.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah Di, because I'm late to your WOYWW post I tout I'd comment hear instead; very glad you've had some sleep and feel better for it, being so tired is just awful, makes me weepy. Your dresser looks lovely...I haven't counted the bottles, just enjoy...and sleep when you're tired!
    Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad your feeling a bit better now .Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pleased you're feeling better, could you send the "Health Elf" over to me for a while?!?!?! Have a Merry Christmas and better New Year feeling healthier. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad your feeling better, such a cute image, Happy 2012, Hugs May x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great card :) Happy WOYWW! Tango, #37

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.