Sunday 25 December 2011

Hope you're having a Purrr-fect Christmas Day!

I made a couple of these cards for cat loving friends - and am also posting a piccie of one here to say I hope you're having a Wonderful Christmas Day - if so, should you really be blog-hopping? Get back to those chocolates immediately :))
I used:

- 6" x 6" square white card stock

- Penny Black stamp - 'Jolly Xmas Kitty', another pre-loved one, coloured with Pro Markers and twinkled up with Glamour Dust

- Penny Black sentiment stamp - 'Purrr-fect Wishes', also pre-loved, stamped using a Brilliance Pearlescent Ivy ink pad

- backing papers from the Bo Bunny 'Father Christmas' collection

- Josy Rose nail heads

- snowflake sparkly buttons from stash - originally from Hobbycraft I think

- twine from stash

Santa should have been by now - I hope he was good to you, but most of all I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy, Peaceful and Healthy 2012.

One wonderful thing I have to say - earlier this year I posted about the death of Alice who, with her husband Frank, was a guardian when my parents ran away moved back to the UK and left me in Germany waaaay back when. The other day, out of the blue a fabulous hamper arrived here, but with no card from the sender. So many yummy goodies and I was very upset that I had no idea who it was from. This evening I discovered it came from Frank - who at a 'senior age' has discovered the wonders of the internet and has now even popped in here for a look! That totally delights me - and, he's just asked me to be a friend on Facebook :) Perhaps he might even comment on here sometime? Is there no stopping him now - go Frank! :)) Totally brilliant, my heart is singing - one of the best and most uplifting Christmas presents I could ever have had, a friend getting to grips with computers and the internet at (I say this kindly) an age when most wouldn't even bother. Frank, we salute you!!

Love,

Di
xxx

6 comments:

  1. Have a very Happy Christmas Di! I hope you and your family have a wonderful time, Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Di. Happy Christmas.
    I am not really blog hopping but I always switch on and browse while my two fluff balls eat their breakfast. One is on a permanent special diet so I have to stay and make sure she munches from the right bowl. Then the computer is going off until it is time to Skype around the family after lunch.
    Whatever you are doing, I hope you have a wonderful day. Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Di, Your cards just Perfect have a great time:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha!! If I'm eating chocolates WHILST blog hopping then thats ok!!! Merry Christmas to you!!! HIC..xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Di...have just dropped by to let you know our little angel is improving slowly. She is now managing to breathe without oxygen and has started to drink her milk from her bottle again today. As long as she continues to improve she may be back home tomorrow.....only problem is her little brother has now started with a cough....please keep everything crossed for us.
    Biggest hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Di

    I've eaten FAR TOO MUCH today, when I really tried not to! Oops! That means I MIGHT just have to some exercise in the New Year!

    Hope you've had a lovely day.

    Hugs, Sarn xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.