Monday 26 December 2011

Christmas Bears Bird Table

If you look in here regularly, you'll know that our garden wildlife is a source of endless entertainment to us. The birdies are tended daily by my OH - lots of hanging feeders, the bird table and - for our resident pair of Blackbirds (aka as Mr and Mrs Beak), their daily apple. No kidding, loads of you might already do this anyhow, but blackbirds adore an apple cut in half and placed (cut side up) on the ground. They peck away just leaving the outside skin - one way to get their 'Five a Day' fruit ration!

As soon as I spotted this LOTV stamp I just had to have it - and kept it hidden away for a special card. I couldn't post this card on here before yesterday, just in case Len hopped in and saw it:
In the mad scramble before Christmas I have absolutely no idea how I found the time to make this on 23rd December! Dogged determination I guess, and the fact that Len has been so long-suffering about the length of time I spent flinging cards, glitter, ribbons and paper around in the craft room in the run-up before Christmas - I just had to make a card for him as well :)

I used:

- 6" x 6" square white card stock

- Lili of the Valley stamp - 'Christmas Bears Bird Table', coloured with Pro Markers and twinkled up with Glamour Dust and some Gold Stickles (for the star)

- backing papers from the Bo Bunny 'Father Christmas' collection

- ribbon from stash

- sentiment - Craftwork cards

- Josy Rose nail heads

I hope you had a lovely day yesterday - we did! Boxing Day is another day that I do love though - oooer, can you beat cold meat and pickles?! Oh go on Kath, do hop in and say you don't like pickles :)))
 
For those of you who hop into Wipso's blog here - little Lexi, one of the twins, has been in hospital over Christmas with severe bronchitis. She is improving but it must have been a very worrying time for the family - please keep your fingers crossed that Lexi makes a full recovery and gets home soon. Now, Sam her twin, seems to be coughing - so please keep two sets of fingers crossed.

Di
x

9 comments:

  1. Good morning, glad you had a good day yesterday, we did too and today they are all decending to our house.
    Great card for hubby, lovely image, bet he was pleased with it, we don't feed the birds here as our next door neighbour does but I do have a bluetit box with a camera in which gives loads of pleasure and pain when we see a dead one.

    Sorry to disappoint but I do like pickles nernannerna, will be having plenty today, including ,y home made spicey tomatoe chutney.
    Have a great day.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is just delightful Di. Love Len's card and I just bet he did too.

    I saw Annie's comment yesterday and went over to view her blog. Hope the little ones make a speedy recovery.

    Happy Boxing Day. I have a houseful and the turkey is in the oven! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stellar work with that adorable stamp. I'll bet the Mr was very impressed. I am not familiar with that marker brand, but, you use them so well. Birds are a fascination for me too.
    A sick baby oh no!. I hope the little mite gets stronger quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww such an adorable image and love the layout and papers. Hope you had a lovely day yesterday.
    Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Di, Well you did manage it and its lovely, such a gorgeous image this and so christmassy too!hope you had a fabulous christmas day and l like boxing day to its great for a cold buffet Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice card for hubby!

    Is Boxing Day the day after Christmas? I love pickles and coldcuts so maybe I'd fit in?!?

    Oh, and guess what? I got myself a Cuttlebug! I bought a couple of embossing thingies and a die cut of Tim Holtzs'. I'm hoping I can use it on the Cuttlebug....

    Hugs to you and yours,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card, love that image and the papers you have used. I love boxing day too......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant card Di, I bet your hubby was chuffed.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Di. Love that image (beautifully coloured) and lush papers. You'd love Christmas here if you like cold cuts; we have our Christmas lunch of cold ham and turkey with as many relishes and salads as we can muster! The highlight this year (if I do say so myself) was the Moroccan pumpkin, goats cheese and sundried tomato salad (with pine nuts, yummo) Hope you have a lovely New Year, Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.