Thursday 8 December 2011

My head hurts after the night out!

I only just beat getting home by midnight from last night's outing, thereby narrowly avoiding turning into a pumpkin :) And my head hurts this morning - but not due to over indulgence I can promise. We were all given our choice of headgear at the start of the evening - and Len did grin when I arrived home sporting an alice band with a couple of long springs from the top and silver sparkly stars waggling round like fury. Well, you didn't expect a pixie to choose a Santa hat or reindeer antlers did you?! But, wearing them for hours has left me feeling as if they're still there!

Anyhow, onto today's cards and it's the Kan Ban kit that had the reindeer toppers in - galloping to the rescue once again:

I used:

- DL card stock, length ways

- plain backing card in a mix of cream, dark red and turquoise

- patterned backing card, die cut leaves, poinsettias and sentiments from the kit (I layered the poinsettias for some dimension)

- burgundy organza ribbon with narrower turquoise grosgrain ribbon layered on top

I managed to squeeze eight cards from the kit, all very similar. When the backing paper ran out I used the vellum that was also in the kit, in the same pattern, by using the double sided A4 'sticky sheet' trick and layering it onto white card before treating it like patterned card. 

That's me for today - I just wandered into the lounge and spotted Marvin the Monkey wearing the wobbly stars on his head! Now who did that I wonder?

Di
x

12 comments:

  1. Well Di....of course we all believe you when you say it wasn't from over indulgence ;-)
    Drink plenty of water and the headache will soon go :-)
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee . . . naughty Marvin!

    Love the Kanban cards . . . they are great.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes...I know what you mean..I can still 'feel' the straight-jacket, and sometimes...I feel like I have an extra toe! but we won't mention that! Lovely cards
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Di, Yeah you'll tell us anything!!...lol l know what your saying Di about the Alice band l used to wear them for years and you are left with a bad head and it feels as though your still wearing it but like you say being a pixie you'll not want to wear santa's hat! anyway to your cards these are so lovely, great background papers really match the poinsettia's also love the sentiments, just beautiful:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cards Di. Think you should have shown us your Alice band then we might believe you! x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 great cards, good idea to use DL size card too. Love the layout.
    How many flowers did you have in your hair as well, you haven't told us that, have you!

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very grown up card there from a not so grown up Pixie!!! First a flower now teeny boppers! Whatever next?

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cards are gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! love the blue one especially but they are both gorgeous
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hun sorry to hear you've had a sore head today. Hope you enjoyed your night out though. Really nice cards. I've not got any Kanban kits yet I keep thinking about it, they look lovely. We finally got our heating back on yesterday nearly 2 weeks without it can you believe it it's been freezing so I'm back on a roll now I was just to cold before to do any crafting. Lots to do though. Hugs Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woo hoo. Nic cards! The one with the red flower is my favorite!

    Can you believe it -- I've visited almost every WOYWW site (oh my, but I am at work......)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too funny! Should we believe you? Being mid week, I think we can! You need to show us your (head) gear next WOYWW....spread the (pain) joy! Lovely cards by the way Di!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.