Thursday 1 December 2011

LOTV Christmas die cut squares

And, galloping up to the rescue we present - LOTV Christmas die cut squares again:
I bought a few sets of these Christmas die cuts at Ally Pally in September and they're great for quick cards. I struggled when searching through the Christmas backing paper stash a bit due to the amount of crisp white in the image backgrounds. But, what d'you know - I found a free booklet of Craftwork Cards backing papers - from a recent copy of Creative Card Making Magazine. The reds and greens are a perfect match to the images and the backgrounds are crisp white - yay, result!

I used:

- 7" x 5" white card stock. Yesterday Laura asked about where I get these from - these cards came from Hobbycraft, a big packet of 50 plus envelopes for either £4.99 or £5.99, and they're lovely thick card too. Other places I'd recommend for card blanks are Craftwork Cards and Craft Creations.

- image from LOTV 'Traditional Christmas' sheet of 6 different die cut squares. A little alert here - I just hopped over to LOTV to check out the name of the die cuts and found that they are closed for Christmas from Thursday 15th December to Wednesday 4th January!!

- backing paper free with Creative Card Making Magazine

- dark red card from stash

- LOTV circular Christmas sentiment stamp 

That's today's offering - short and sweet. Tomorrow is Friday Feast and Kath has been asking for recipes without red meat in - I have a true 'vegetarian/no meat at all' recipe for tomorrow, but here's a great chicken recipe over at Elizabeth's blog - Chicken and Vegetable Potage . I'm going to be trying this one at the weekend I think!

Kath also asked whether pork is white or red meat - there are mixed opinions about this one. Some foodies class all meat, other than fish and poultry, as red meat - others class pork as a white meat as it's red when raw and turns white on cooking. So, unless anyone else knows better - the jury is still out on this one!

Di
x

13 comments:

  1. Thats another fab card Di. So many cards and so many fab designs :-)
    As for pork....I'd say pork is pig meat and most pigs are pink :-) oink!
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, laughing here at Annie's comment. Reminds me of the joke - what do piggies put on their trotters if they get sore.....oinkment :)) Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for answering that one Di! I shall be popping down there at the weekend then ;-) beautiful card as always x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ps. There's a link to a Heinz recipe on my blog you might like, absolutely delish! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cute LOTV card. You've inspired me to use some of my LOTV squares today.

    I always call pork white meat . . . but I'm certainly no expert.

    Does it matter?

    Maybe it matters for correct accompanying wines? But then I'm no expert on wines either!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so talented! When you come to NM can we have "craft time?" hee hee

    Here in the U.S we used to have a commercial calling pork the "other" white meat. Oh, and got a kick out of the joke.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Di, Wow another fabulous card! your designs,Images and backing papers are well matched truly lovely:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply stunning card Di...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love LOTV and what a great card Di! Can't wait for another recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this set of die cuts from LOTV and aren't they just super as quick makes. The papers are such a great match, I went even quicker, just matted and layered them, saved time routing through papers.
    Fab card.
    Looking forward to tomorrow, I will be saying "what's the recipe today Di", probably too young to remember Jimmy Young's programme.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous card Di. Love the image and sentiment and the colour combo.
    Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello again Di, love this card - the LOTV die-cut looks fab with that gorgeous paper. Thanks for the mention of Alan's pottage recipe - hope you enjoy it. I was a vegetarian for about 20 years, then I met the EM - the first meal he cooked for me was roast chicken - somehow he considered that vegetarian - nuff said! The pork question is a thorny one - to me it's red meat but, for sure, it is white when cooked ... the jury's still out, methinks. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.