Saturday 17 December 2011

Almost caught out!

Yesterday I realised I hadn't made any money wallets for Len's great-nephews and great-niece - eek! Minor panic until I remembered I still had the Christmas Pudding cards for the boys at least. Len's g-niece is a quite grown-up young lady though and a Christmas Pudding card with wibbly-wobbly eyes didn't seem right :)

So, I rustled this up in two shakes of a donkeys tail - it has to be a donkey rather than a lamb..... as it's almost Christmas:
I used:

- red, black and white card stock - all from the snippets folder, to the rescue once again

- stamped image by Denami Design - I love this funky stamp which I'm sure was sent to me by the lovely Bernie - coloured with Pro Markers and some touches of gold pen

- a sprinkling of 'Pixie Dust'

- sentiment stamped using Fun Stamps 'Small Merry Christmas'

- Josy Rose nail heads

Now all I have to do is remember to post the cards/cheques off! I think my 'to-do' list is getting bigger not smaller :(

Oh, and I also want to enter this into Jules Crafty Snippets Challenge Weeks 48 and 49. The playground is quiet right now, not surprisingly as I suspect everyone is running round in headless chicken mode!! Ooops Sandra, I hope Harriet and Margot don't read this blog? :)

Di
x

7 comments:

  1. Fab card Di, love the funky look. I seem to be chasing my tail as well and I haven't posted to the snippet challenge in ages even though I have been using them. Must get more organised for next year lol, I think I say that every year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee . . . no, Margot and Harriet haven't learnt to read yet . . . but I DO tell them about your blog. They're very interested. I'll leave out the bit about headless chickens though . . . don't want to scare them!

    Great card BTW! Good image for a young lady x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card honey.....thank you for your words of support on my blog

    Merry Christmas

    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Di, Another fabulous card you make it sound so easy just rustling this up so quickly, its a lovely image and l love every thing about it.....its stunning :) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Di

    A great card for a nearly grown up!!!

    Love that image very much. Fabulous use of your snippets.

    Yes the playground is a bit quiet .. .. but tht is what Christmas does for you .. .. we all run around doing the things we should have started doing weeks before (like me with my labels and the last minute Christmas cards LOL!!).

    Thank you for finding time to join in the snippet playground this week.

    Hopefully the chickens won't get to hear of your scare mongering .. tee hee!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card with just the right image, will go down well.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how you just rustled this up . Can you do the same for Christmas Diner and I will pop over! Erm didn't the shepherds have one or two lambs. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.