Quite a while before Christmas, I bought some pre-loved Penny Black stamps, and one was just perfect for a friend's card recently. The 'dandelion clock' blowing in the wind to settle wherever it lands is always special for someone who was a Military Child - all the more so when it's a Penny Black image:
- 6" x 6" square white card blank
- a smaller layer of SU's 'Certainly Celery' card stock as a 'frame' - glued in place
- then a smaller layer of spotted patterned paper from the Teresa Collins 'Sweet Afternoon' paper pad, glued in place
- stamped the Penny Black 'Cheesecake Wish' image onto a piece of white card and coloured it using Faber Castell Polychromos pencils and Sansodor blending solution
- tickled the flying seeds and the actual flower head with clear Wink of Stella
- stamped 'Make a Wish' using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a stamp from Clearly Besotted's 'Say What? sentiments set
- die cut the image using a 'Stitched Circle' die by The Works and glued it onto the card front
Oh I do so love this adorable little mouse stamp, and it's really lovely to colour as well.
Edit: Linby says I ought to enter this into the current Penny Black and More Challenge - which is 'Something New'. The stamp is new to me and it was my first time of using it. I really ought to make a list of my fave challenges and check them out regularly - too busy running the Playground I guess!