And it's time for Rudolph Days once again over at Scrappy Mo's. You have from today until the end of the month to enter - so what are you waiting for? As always, Mo has a lovely prize on offer - and this is what I made as my entry this month:
- 5.75" x 5.75" square slightly off-white card blank (the white in the image panel is also slightly off-white, hence the choice of card blank
- a piece of Christmas green plain paper, which came free with a magazine years ago, it just happened to go with the greens in the image pretty well
- I found the sweet House Mouse image in a hidden Really Useful Box, already decoupaged some years ago when I had time to fiddle on snipping and layering decoupage, originally bought from Joanna Sheen - can't recall which set it was but would expect it's on the CD she stocks
- layered the image onto the piece of plain green paper and trimmed it to just slightly bigger than the image panel before sticking it onto the card front
- in the cello bag where the decoupaged image was carefully stored I also found the matching sentiment, already cut ready just to stick in place. I popped it across the top of the card, mostly to hide a little bit of a crinkle in the glossy paper that the decoupage was printed on
- then just added a few red self-adhesive pearls on top of the printed holly berries
Job done, in double quick time! So glad I opened that Really Useful Box to see what was lurking within.
This card is also for Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge #273 (Cute or Anything Goes this week) as well as Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for March 2016 (always Anything Goes).
That's 40 cards in the box for Christmas - but I'm lagging a bit behind as my target was 12 per month beginning in December, eight more to make before the end of March. It's all down to time lost at the desk when I couldn't sit for very long - and to be honest, a bit of apathy on my part :( I can see some 'batch baking' ahead!