The current challenge over at Merry Monday is 'Buttons'. At first I thought I was stumped, partly as although I do have some buttons in Christmas colours - the cost of large letter stamps gives me the shudders! Then spotted that Bonnie had made her buttons out of card, remembered a little used SU 'Buttons' Embosslits - and away I went. This was the result:
- 4.75" x 4.75" square white card blank
- snippet of baby blue pearlescent card for the 'frame', trimmed to size
- snippet of white card for the image, stamped using Memento 'London Fog' ink and a stamp from the Woodware set called 'JGCL535 Bubble Wreath' then trimmed to a tiny bit a smaller than the blue 'frame'
- next, using the SU 'Sweet Buttons' Embosslits die I cut some smallish buttons using snippets of blue, mauve and maroon card
- worked out where I wanted them to sit on the wreath by placing them onto the clear stamps and just moving them round until I was happy - at that point thinking I'd pick out various matching Pro Markers to colour the smaller 'bubbles'
- changed mind and coloured the smaller bubbles pink and glued the 'buttons'
- hated the pink but not wanting to waste all that work I just coloured over the pink with Silver Wink of Stella
- gave the 'buttons' a coat of clear Wink of Stella
- die cut the bow using a die from the fabulous Penny Black 'Swirl Wreath' set and 'medium sticky' backed Maroon card snippet and stuck it onto the wreath
Needless to say, the sparkle is lovely in real life!