Darnell is running one of her NBUS challenges and this is my second entry. To join in just make sure you use something that's been languishing waiting for a first outing on your project. We all have items like that I'm sure - and NBUS is short for Never-Before-Used Schtuff BTW :) The challenge runs from 1st to 10th March 2016, so you don't have much longer to play - you can see the rules of the game over HERE on Darnell's blog.
My NBUS item is a very recently purchased stamp, no doubt originally spotted on one of your blogs, and this is the card I made:
- A6 white card blank
- slightly smaller piece of orange card stock as a 'frame'
- piece of white card stock, embossed using a Boofles folder called 'Patchwork' and trimmed to just slightly smaller than the orange layer
- snippet of matt black card stock rubbed over with an anti-static bag before being stamped using a NBUS Stampendous stamp called 'Shared Coffee' and a Versamark embossing pad
- then heat embossed the stamped image
using 'Detail White' embossing powder, also made by Stampendous
- used my SU 'Scalloped Tag Topper' punch to create the tag
- threaded a loop of orange grosgrain ribbon with black saddle stitching down the edges through the top of the tag
- stuck the tag in place using thin sticky pads
I really think the chalkboard look suits this particular stamp :)