Wednesday 16 March 2016

Hello - welcome baby

Recently I spotted THIS card in the Playground made by Helen (it was also one of my weekly picks), and I just had to have the wonderful swirly sentiments stamp set she'd used as stems with the Tim Holtz 'Tattered Florals' die cut flowers. The other day I was browsing through a craft magazine and spotted a similar idea, this time using swirly sentiments as strings hanging from balloons. And this is what I made - one for a baby girl and one for a baby boy:
I used:

- 4" x 5.75" white card blanks

- snippets of matt pale pink and pearlescent baby blue card stock

- cut one layer of the pastel colours for each card as a backing 'frame' - just slightly smaller than the card itself, then glued it to the front of the card blank. I ran a clear Wink of Stella brush around the edge of the matt pink card just to give it a little bit of shimmer beforehand

- cut a further layer of card, this time using Centura Pearl white card stock

- die cut two blue and two pink heart shaped balloons (used a Marianne Creatables 'Heart Balloon' die with their strings snipped off afterwards) then embossed them using a tan mat and also covered the pink balloons with clear Wink of Stella

- then it was just a case of positioning where I wanted things to line up and lightly marking the positions with a soft pencil before first stamping the two Simon Says Stamp 'Handwritten Borders' sentiments using Ranger Archival Jet Black Ink onto the white pearlescent card pieces I'd cut earlier

- next glued the hearts in place

- finally added some iridescent sequins

 Called it a day :) Now I just need some new babies on the scene!

Di
x

29 comments:

  1. Absolutely perfect for baby cards...what a fabulous idea!! I wonder if I have these stamps or some like them...hmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful combinations Di, don'cha love it when things work so brilliantly like that..
    Thanks so much for sharing, Shaz in Oz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so sweet! What a great idea. I loved Helen's too...such a lovely stamp set you both used for the stems/stalks...

    Was busy this seek with baby cards too! Just popping over tot he workshop to drop one off! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card Di, the sentiment works perfectly for the strings. You need to start looking under cabbages for babies now ;0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely new baby cards - a great idea to use the stamp as balloon strings.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant, love this, the colours, and design is gorgeous.xx
     {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smart thinking Di! Love this idea and it's always good to have cards for the "rarer" occasions to hand.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet! Thank you Di for a very good idea!

    Hugs, Liv

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cool idea, love the way you made one of each, why don't I think to do that! The sequins just accent the design perfectly. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh so cute they both are Di l have another grandchild coming around mid to end of April hope your well take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet, I love the sentiment too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea to use the sentiment for the strings of those pretty heart shaped balloons Di. Fabulous! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant Di!!...Fantastic cards and idea. Be careful what you wish for though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely cards Di. What a great idea. I NEED sentiment stamps like this. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooohhh.... So clever use these sentiment for the strings of the balloons!! I have some stamps as these! Thanks very much for sharing!! Your cards are very sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pinned them in my pinterest board chaos :D
      https://it.pinterest.com/pin/534802524481972343/

      Delete
  16. This pair of baby cards is so cute with those sentiment strings! So cute and simple.............BUT........be careful what you wish for :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. fabulous idea for a baby card . . . Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those swirly sentiments are lots of fun!What a cute idea for baby cards,Di!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a super design Di and I love the sentiment 'strings' hanging from the balloons xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this design Di, I'm adding those border stamps to my wish list! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love these Di! Think I might have to *borrow* your balloon string idea!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sweet! The heart balloons are adorable. Sweet baby cards Di!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How perfect for twins! Really clever, indeed! So sorry about linking up a second card, I had no idea, but I totally understand. I don't know how you can keep up with everything anyhow - you wonder woman!! I won't do it again, but don't worry, it takes a lot more to get rid of me. Your playground is just too much fun to visit!!! I'll be back, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  24. A great idea using the sentiments that way.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Both such cute cards Di!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are very cute cards. I've always like that look of a scripty greeting for a balloon string. I've never done it though. I'm sure I'd get them all cockeyed if I did!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.