This week I have two snippets cards of mine to share - I was on a roll the other afternoon and spent a couple of hours stamping and colouring. This is the first card I made:
- white DL sized card blank
- stamped the image onto a snippet of white card using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and the fabulous Woodware 'Boxed Daisies Trio' stamp
- also stamped the image onto a snippet of spotty mauve paper from the Wild Rose Studio 'Wintry Christmas' paper pack - you'll see why in a minute
- coloured the image on the white card using Pro Markers and then trimmed round the inner edge, cutting carefully around the leaves and petals which flow out of the frame
- next I trimmed the outer edge of the spotty mauve stamped image, leaving the black edge showing
- that formed a mauve spotty frame so it was just a case of gluing the coloured image in place
- stamped the sentiment using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a stamp from the Stampendous 'Happy Messages' set - directly onto the card front - ha, before doing anything else!
- glued the image panel in place on the card front and added a tickle of clear Wink of Stella' to the daisy centres
- confession - I'd done a little bit of wonky cutting on the right hand side of the image and needed to cover up the mistake so I die cut three butterflies from a deeper mauve snippet of the same spotty paper and stuck two on the image and one just fluttering inside the sentiment. Really I'd have preferred not to have added the butterflies - but needs must when the Devil drives :(
- added little mauve sparkly gems to the butterflies
This is the second snippets card I made - told you I was on a roll:
- white DL sized card blank, again
- stamped the image onto a snippet of white card using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and another fabulous Woodware stamp called 'Cone Flower'
- coloured the image on the white card using Pro Markers and Whispers Marker pens for the fine detail such as flicking the little hairs onto the flower centres
- added clear Wink of Stella to the flower petals and the leaves
- then trimmed round the inner edge of the frame leaving a white band right round the frame
- mounted the image onto a snippet of black card stock, trimmed to just a teensy bit bigger than the image panel it was just a case of gluing the coloured image in place
- stamped the sentiment using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a stamp from the Stampendous 'Happy Messages' set - directly onto the card front - again, before doing anything else! The words 'Thank You' were in one line, so with heart in mouth I carefully snipped them apart - much more versatile now
- glued the image panel in place on the card front
I love both of these stamps, they're quite fresh and funky looking and there's also scope to paper piece.
Onto the weekly 'peek at the picks', which gets tougher all the time. I know we don't have a theme each week, other than use snippets, but I decided to make the first three of this week's picks all Easter related:
Onto a few other entries with some clever ideas for you to think about:
We had no new Playmates this week, although with 57 entries the Playground was still busy of course.
Time for the prize draw for the House Mouse stamp, and those lovely dies donated by Barb. And our winner is:
I'm a bit conscious that those of you who opt for just one part of a prize might feel that your name never seems to come up as a winner. Please rest assured that I'm very happy to split prizes even though it would cost extra postage - so don't feel it lessens your chances! It's just the luck of the draw, everyone has an equal chance now and it's far better that you don't win something you don't really want. So please still feel free to opt for just part of a prize, Mr Random will pick you sooner or later I'm sure.
Now here's this coming week's prize(s):
The Snippets Challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 26th March. The gates will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.
A maximum of ONE entry and please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. If you only want to play for one or other of the stamps then just say so in a comment - if your number comes up then I'll do a further draw for the remaining part(s) of the prize. But, both stamps are up as one complete prize if you so wish of course. Please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
Di and, of course, Parsnip!