Meanwhile, I want to know who set fire to the tree house whilst toasting hot cross buns! This was quickly followed by a Vesuvius-like eruption of hot melted chocolate - which I'm still scrubbing off the walls and also off Parsnip. I just knew that making Easter eggs using those old moulds I had from years ago was a silly idea :(
Once things calmed down and Parsnip stopped screaming like a very silly little
- 5" x 7" white card blank, tent style
- next I used a Frantic Stamper 'Thanks Card Band' die to cut out the word 'Thanks'. What's great about this die is that the word mostly is cut away but the card remains attached at the top and bottom of the letters - really neat
- then covered the top and bottom sections of the card blank with a snippet of what I think is one of SU's designer papers. I'd used part of the reverse of the paper and was left with the snippet and a large design that really I'd even thought about throwing away - wash my mouth out with soap! I deliberately left a white border round both the pieces of DP
- then I backed the cutaway 'Thanks' with a snippet of (according to my SU swatch) 'Blackberry Bliss' card stock - just glued at the top and bottom behind the word. I suspect that 'Rich Razzleberry' was the plain card meant to go with the DP, but I'm fresh out of that
- and to finish off (neat freak) I backed the inside of the card front with a full sized panel of white card to hide the band of 'Blackberry Bliss'
Have to admit, I'm quite tickled with the result and it's a great way to use up quite bold papers.
I chose to back my plain white 'Thanks' using the coloured card stock immediately behind the word. Other options would be to just leave the word as it is (it's quite sturdy enough) and perhaps colour it with Pro markers if you don't intend doing anything extra inside the card to make it show up more, use coloured card of course, add a contrasting strip to the inside (back half) of the card lined up with the word or perhaps back the word with acetate - the list goes on :) It's a really fun die!
Onto the weekly 'peek at the picks' as usual - let's have some Easter/Spring ones first:
We had five new Playmates this week as well as a total of 66 entries - no doubt sneaking hot cross buns and choklit into the Playground at the same time! Let's say 'Hi' to our new Playmates:
Hope to see you again really soon!
There's also some news to share - I think a lot of you will already know about this but just in case you don't. The lady who made this fabulous card ......
Darnell's first port of call (that's appropriate!) is Southampton (Grand Harbour Hotel) and there is a get together (aka soirée - snigger) planned for Tuesday 19th July. I'll be there, aided and abetted by Parsnip (if the choklit is all cleaned up from his fur), along with a few other
After that, Darnell plans to spend time in various parts of the UK (Salisbury, Somerset, Bristol, Manchester area (Knutsford I think), then the Swindon Retreat itself with lovely folk such as the Less is More gals, Kathy K and others - followed by a short time in London (Pimlico area) before she heads back home on Wednesday 3rd August.
If you want more details I think it's best for you to contact Darnell directly (her email link is in her blog profile). If you get stuck (I can never get those email links to work on my Linux operating system!) then feel free to contact me and I'll forward any emails onto Darnell. Even if you're unsure about arriving on your own - don't be! You're a lovely little band of crafters and will soon find that everyone will be welcomed with open arms. Exciting (and probably slightly scatty) times ahead!
Time now for the prize draw for the Woodware stamps 'Boxed Daisies Trio' and Cone Flower'. And our winner is:
Now here's this coming week's prize(s):
a Frantic Stamper 'Thanks Card Band' die. Not a massive prize but hopefully it's a little bit unusual and something you'd like to win.
The Snippets Challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 2nd April. The gates will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.
A maximum of ONE entry and please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize.Please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
Di and, of course, Parsnip!