Recently I bought SU's 'Sheltering Tree' stamp set - and at the weekend I found time to have a little play:
- 6" x 6" square white card blank
- snippet of SU's 'Smoky Slate' card stock, cut just slightly smaller than the card and then run through the Cuttlebug with Die'Sire's 'Swirl Corner' embossing folder
- a snippet of 'Annabelle's Meadow' paper from Wild Rose Studio's paper pack
- the image was made up using stamps from SU's 'Sheltering Tree' set and mostly Tim Holtz Distress Markers. Using the brilliant Fiskars 'Compact Stamp Press', first I stamped the grass using 'Mowed Lawn', next the tree trunk and branches using 'Gathered Twigs' - followed by the blossom using firstly 'Victorian Velvet' and then 'Picked Raspberry'
- I then added the swing by colouring the stamp using a Whispers Black marker - the jury is still out on this one to be honest as I think the swing looks much too chunky. It could be the marker I used (maybe an ink pad would be better) - or I pressed too firmly on the stamp press. OR, it's just made that way :( I need to have a play with ink pads when time allows - failing that it would be easy enough just to draw a swing using a fine liner
- the sentiment also comes with the set, stamped using Memento 'London Fog'
- finally I die cut the image using a Lil'Inkers 'Stitched Rectangle' die and just stuck the whole card together using Collall All Purpose Glue
Job done - and I think this card would be fine as a sympathy card or to wish someone well who is under the weather. I still need to work on that swing stamp though!