For my snippets card I had time to sit and colour in quite a detailed image (in fact I did two cards exactly the same) - and it's another Christmas card to link in with this coming week's prize. No point in winning Christmas goodies when it's too late to play with them before Christmas is there?!
Anyhow, this is one of the two identical cards I made:
- 6" x 6" square white card blank
- patterned papers (including the spotty snippet) came from the Milton & Co. 'Christmas' paper stack
- the green backing card I used came from the snippets folder, but I know from checking my little card swatch that it's SU's 'Lucky Limeade'
- the image was stamped using a NBUS stamp I've had for quite a while, bought with part of a very generous Stamping Bella gift voucher sent to me by a lovely blogger friend (you know who you are, mwah!). The Uptown Girls stamp is called 'Charlie Waits By The Chimney' - I craved this stamp for ages and have been dithering for just as long over using it for the first time as it's very detailed - but oh so fun and funky! In the end I used Faber Castell Polychromos pencils and touches of Sansodor blending solution plus clear 'Wink of Stella' on the white trim/ruffles. After trimming the image down to size I punched each corner with a Woodware fancy corner punch
- the sentiment is from SU's 'Good Greetings' stamp set, stamped with Memento 'Tuxedo Black'. There were loads of quite appropriate greetings to choose from, I picked this one 'cos a few more cocktails and Charlie will be singing 'Ho! Ho! Ho!' with gay abandon - only hope she doesn't topple down the chimney :)
Galloping rapidly on, here are my three picks for this week - out of some wonderful entries - all of you girls never cease to amaze me:
And we have three new playmates as well:
I love this card, brought to show by Vinita - who skipped back later in the week too. On her blog Vinita says she extended die cut for this - clever idea!
Welcome ladies - do please come back and play soon. Things are underway I suspect for a bonfire in the Playground 'cos Parsnip found a half made Guy Fawkes hidden behind the bike shed. Makes a change from sweetie papers I suppose :)
Do please pop over and say 'Hello' if you can - and here's hoping you both come back to play often!
Onto the winner of last week's prize, that gorgeous 'Dazzling Snowflake' die plus the 'Stick-it' sheets for intricate dies. Oooer, this was such a popular prize 'cos 21 of you squealed 'Yes please' and many added more than one card into the Playground. According to Mr Random the winner is:
And, no surprise, this coming weeks prize is:
The Snippets Challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 25th October and will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.
Maximum of three entries and please say 'Yes please' (or similar) in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize.
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
Have a great week! And do remember, this coming Saturday is the 25th of the month and Rudolph Day over at Sarn's! I'm already planning the two card to make here :)
And here's a stroke of luck, over at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge it's 'Use something forgotten or never used'. This lovely stamp certainly hadn't been forgotten but it was a first outing and I've had it for a long while now. And I'm also linking into Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for October where it's always 'Anything Goes'.
Di (and the usual happy wave from Parsnip of course)