...........that's this week's theme over at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge. I opted for 'Merry', picking the word on this upcycled Christmas card topper, although you could argue that the red is a splash of traditional bright:
- A5 white card stock
- the large topper from a shop bought Christmas card we received last Christmas, popped on with fresh sticky pads. Loved the fact that it was already shaped and edged with shiny red
- red mirri card
- white and silver card, bought ages ago from Art of Craft
- red velvet ribbon, with silver and red diagonal stitching along the centre. This was such a small snippet that I'm almost sure I salvaged it from a box of chocolates :)
- hard to see but I tickled the image with a glue pen in a few places and sprinkled very fine iridescent glitter on to make the snow twinkle a bit
- had about 3" of the ribbon left so ran a little line of stitches up the middle then pulled tight and fastened them off. Added three teeny silver 'jingle bells', threaded onto red shiny cord and tied in a bow
One more for the box, which is growing slower than I thought :(
Am also entering this into Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for March.
Have a nice day!