- 6" x 6" square white card stock
- Penny Black Stickeroo from the ''It's a Boy' sheet
- snippets of blue SU 'Marina Mist' card plus another paler one which might be 'Baja Breeze'
- a lace corner below the image, stamped using the Joanna Sheen 'Live Each Moment' set onto a snippet of white card SU's 'Baja Breeze' then trimmed wiv little scissors
- sentiment is from the SU 'Petite Pairs' set, stamped using 'Marina Mist', punched with a SU circle punch and mounted onto a scalloped circle
- two 7" snippets of blue gingham ribbon - tying the bow was fun and very fiddly with such a short piece I can tell you!
- a selection of Wild Orchid flowers. The wire twists are just snipped from the flower stems and curled round a poky tool - the frondy leaves were punched. The punch hates card so I just coloured some paper using a Pro Marker before punching them out
- pearls from the 'gem box'
- plaster for the finger I burnt using the glue gun came from the First Aid box - just checking you're still reading :)
OK, so the flowers are truly taxing for me to use - this will be confirmed further down this post. Bev Rochester need have no fear of competition from this quarter for sure!
And now, the Playground - well, what a busy week. In between the excitement of Darnell's wedding anniversary, plus the snow here in the UK - we also had some wonderfully heartening news from our Bernie, so keep those prayers and positive thoughts going girls.
We had 41 lovely makes brought to the Playground this week - and these are the ones that especially caught my eye:
ALL of your makes were gorgeous as always girls!
OK, so the little draw for the
I have to admit I squeaked when I saw whose name popped up this week - it's not her first win, but I do know the prize will be well loved, used a lot and was very much wanted. It was drawn fair and square using the Random number generator (Len hasn't found time to help me with Linux Gimp yet to show the results, he was shovelling snow when I typed this) so I do hope you'll all be pleased for:
Right, back to those flowers! Kath, of 'Plain and Simple', and I both have quite similar thoughts about crafting - ha, but not always about my recipes on Friday Feast though, eh Kath?! :)
We both struggle with adding flowers to cards - especially the admittedly fabulous Wild Orchid ones, and Kath has 'thrown in the towel'. A mahoosive box of flowers arrived from her the week before last to offer as a lovely giveaway - and I added some of my own as well as I've also thrown in my face cloth, whilst retaining some opened packets, and hate to see goodies just languishing :)
So, if you want to join in the Playground fun and frolics and be in with a chance of winning this little 'florist shop' - the Playground is open all of this coming week but it will close on Saturday 26th January at noon, UK time and Mr Linky is below as usual. Just enter a snippets make into the Playground this week and I'll do a draw after the Playground closes next Saturday. But, I am asking for a snippets make please, maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you DON'T want to be entered 'cos once again I do realise that not all of you are into adding these sorts of flowers to your 'makes'. You can of course enter as many snippets makes as you like but only a maximum of three goes will be counted.
I'll post to anywhere in the World BTW - it's open to all of you lovely Playmates.
I'd like to enter my own snippets card into the following challenges:
Penny Black Saturday January Challenge which is 'January Blues'
Allsorts Challenge - Week 190 - 'Flower Power'
Hope you all have a lovely week!