Sunday 30 December 2012

Pixie's Crafty Snippets - Week 53

First of all, my snippets card for this week:
I used:

- 6" x 6" square white card stock

- snippets of pink and blue paper, plus a mauve backing sheet

- stamped image is a Woodware stamp called 'Pram', paper pieced

- the bunting is also using a Woodware stamp set called 'Small Bunting', it comes with the letters already on the little pennants

- snippet of white and mauve bakers twine

- snippet of white organza ribbon which was lying here longing to be used up, bow threaded with iridescent cord also tied in a bow and a little teddy bear charm added

- three little flat backed pearls

I truly think the main backing paper would have looked tons better if I'd whipped out the sewing machine and stitched round the edge. New Year resolution coming up - use sewing machine more!

And, as I feared - no time to link to every super make brought to the Playground but the thumbnails on last week's Snippets posting do give you a quick idea of what was entered and despite it being such a busy time, there was still some fabulous crafting going on. I quite like having the thumbnails so I hope you agree that they're useful.

But, being such a chatterbox there are some things I'd like to point out :)

Firstly, Tamara from Slovenia is now joining in the fun - welcome! She makes super cards and you can use the translate button on her right hand bar to read more.

Our six-year old Playground mascot (Little Miss C aka The Pony Girl) linked two beautifully made cards this week - such a clever little crafter - well done Miss C!

Viv came to play for the second week running - I was away and missed her first card but Sarn did the honours and welcomed Viv with bootleg egg nog and mulled wine behind the treehouse. Yup, am still clearing up the empties - and just whose idea was it to try and bury them in the swamp huh?! Welcome Viv - it can only get better in the Playground, I hope!!

And, for the first week I can recall - our Patron and Founder Jules didn't link a snippets card, bwah!!!! However - there is something really exciting going on over at Jules' blog girls, if you aren't already aware. A super 'name those stamps' Christmas/New Year quiz with some amazing goodies to be won :) And this is where to go to join in
And, don't fret about not being the first to submit an entry as Jules is offering a second chance for an identical pile of goodies via a random draw, whoop, whoop!!

And if you do want to join in the Playground fun and frolics in any quiet moments you might find - the Playground is open all of this coming week but it will close on Saturday 5th January at noon, UK time and Mr Linky is below as usual.

Am also entering this card into Winter Wonderland's current challenge which is 'New Beginnings' - so not strictly a Christmas challenge for this week.

And remember that our Hazel is still running Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge..........ha, ha, plus Sarn will continue with Rudolph Day beginning on the 25th January  - so don't totally hide those Christmas crafting goodies away!

Hope you all have a fabulous New Year girls!

Di
x 

The only conditions to playing nicely in the Snippet Playground are that your card (or absolutely anything else you wish to bring here to show) must be made by using up snippets (card, paper, lace, wool and ribbon are all fine), and a link back to here in your own blog posting please. Oh, and no nipping or hair pulling of course :)

25 comments:

  1. Like your little pram. Crafty doing it in pink and blue just in case! Yay. First in but where is everybody? Not much fun playing on yer own. Good job I brung me gas lamps with me other wise it would be pitch black. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Di, do love the wee card and yes am so with you o te snapshots of the cards on view makes for tantalising interest indeed!! thanks for being a true friend and every blessing for 2013. love Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh an Mrs A. :D
    I hope to join before the new year and bring some sunshine with me :D Shaz in warm summery Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card!. Love that you made it for either or!

    I agree with you about the stitching...I think it "sets off: a card but I too never remember or can't be bothered to drag it out of the cupboard...don't think I could wrestle it up and down right now...
    But I have the perfect solution...if you have the room...leave it up all the time.
    DH gave me his old desk and I am setting up my cricut and my sewing machine on it and then just covering them with a dust cover.

    Of course that is going to take a bit of sewing so will prolly take eons for me to finish but mending and card aking has no more excuse...watch for sewing in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pram,lovely sweet card. Thanks for welcome on the playground. I am going to create something today at the evening.
    Hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pram so sweet. Can't believe I missed egg nog! Hope to join in this week
    Linby x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful creation just perfect for our New Beginnings challenge at the Winter Wonderland, wishing you a Happy New Year
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your snippets card, Di. Thanks for the heads up for my CHNC challenges - even though Christmas is over I'm still hoping to see bits of tinsel and glitter in the playground (although it would probably just get washed away - although, shhhh, today is dry atm). Heading over now to Jules to see what her competition is all about. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous and adorable Baby card Di, I love the gentle colours and pram.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Di l like your image and the colour...... can be for either if you was making your card for a new mum! lovely backing papers too! all the very best for the new year enjoy whatever your plans see you in 2013 xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Di

    Sorry I didn't make it to the playground last week .. .. and not sure if I will make it this week either :-(

    Talk about manic! Trying hard to get ahead of wedding work and general card orders before my Son and his wife arrive on Wednesday. I just know I will get next too nothing done once they are here!! LOL!!!

    My turn to do the New Year celebrations so loads of food to get ready for tomorrow night then next weekend I get to feed a dozen or so for a sit down family meal .. .. no peace for the wicked!!!

    Thanks for the quiz shout out Di and I love your baby card.

    Beware of getting your sewing machine out .. .. once you start sewing on your cards it is hard to stop LOL!!!

    Happy New Year everyone!!!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Di

    LOVE your cute pram card . . . very sneaky use of colours so you can use for it either flavour of baby!

    Thanks for the RD Challenge mention in your post.

    Happy New Year's Eve Eve!

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your sweet pink and blue baby card is just adorable, Di! The piecing is perfection. I hear you about the sewing machine. I did a big ol' reveal on WOYWW months ago about getting out my MIL's old Singer, and then promptly shoved it under my desk and not touched it since. That's on my resolution list, too. Fingers crossed. I've never actually sewn on a card, so I'm nervous about how to do it.

    I'll be over in a bit for a little tea and cakes and I hope to bring you some sunshine!!

    Tea and cakes, that's a laugh!!

    Happy, blessed, healthy new year! It's been so fun getting to know you and all the other nutters this year!!

    Mwah!
    Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty!! Love the colours so it can be used for a girl or a boy.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous snippets card and great for either sex, love that stamp set.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card there Miss. Love the fact it is bisexual!
    I could not go this week without throwing something into the Playground! Tee Hee!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Might have to submit twice...think I did something wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Di an' all - back again

    ...and off to bags some swings again as brought some Aussie sunshine for the playground you know??
    Oo-arr that slide looks pretty good too!

    Love and may God bless your 2013, Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well thats it. I've nearly run out of a month with a 'D' in it. Time for a Drinky poo instead. Cheers.
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awww! Am I the first in the Playground this year then? Woo Hoo!
    Happy New Year to you and all the Playground Buddies!!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy New Year young lady.... great little card, I need to start thinking of a baby card, as I'll be needing 3 of them very soon. Thanks for the great idea. I'm looking forward to having a great time in the playground, I'm off to see if Shaz is still on the swings, let's see who can swing the highest....

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have brought some sweeties for the Playground children! Save me a candy cane someone please!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sneaking in Miss Di, with my head held low.

    Lovely baby card, the paper piecing is perfect!

    New linky thingie is great, like the way you get to see everyone's snippet entries.

    Happy New Year Di xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Blogger does not like me.It's taken my upload pictures away. Been forced to put me noddle on and do it in HTML Code. I need a drinky now. got any noggin left!!
    hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  25. PHEW! (wipes forehead in haste) . . . just snuck in with 15 mins to go!

    Mwah! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.