Saturday 22 December 2012

Last minute panic Christmas tags

I opened a pack of lovely red and white Christmas wrapping paper here earlier yesterday afternoon - it included ribbon and bows but no gift tags :( And I had nothing in the Christmas ribbons, tags and bows box remotely near the red and white. Ack!

Thankfully, earlier in the week Sarn had been making some fabulous gift tags from snippets and I'd immediately been a greedy little pig and ordered the Cuttlebug die cutting/embossing folder she used - plus it had already arrived here, super fast delivery indeed. Do go and take a peek - there are some lovely tags to be seen over at Sarn's.

I whipped up five tags in double quick time, with still some spares to decorate if needed:
I used:

- plain white card

- Cuttlebug folder

- stamp by Forever Friends - its first outing to my shame

- Whispers pens 'cos Pro Markers would have bled through to the back, plus a 'tickle of Stickles' on the hats

- snippets of very narrow red ribbon

Thank you Sarn for galloping to the rescue, if I hadn't been a 'greedy little pig' then I'd have been a bit stumped!

Hope you're all practically organised - thankfully we 'sort of' are and my 'to do' list is now very short, phew! Don't you love the moment when you put your feet up and say 'If it isn't done then no matter - let Christmas begin. Pass the sherry bottle!'.

Di
x

11 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous. I may just have to rush and buy that tag folder too!!! teehee

    DH just finished vacuuming the rugs and staircases on the top and bottom floors of the house while I gave the main floor hardwood a good once over with my mop...Everything is sparkly now...God help anyone who spills anything before Christmas Day or they will be in serious trouble with me!!!

    DH is taking a nap in the recliner now as he had to brave the new scary bridge into the city for our dentist appointments today. On snowy days ice is building up on the overhead cables and crasjhng down into windshields and sunroofs of cars! We went in on that bridge but came home another as it was snowing heavily and he wasn't taking any chances with his new truck! hahaha Between that excitement and the vacuuming, bless his soul, he is plumb tuckered out!

    Merry Christmas Di and if you don't mind to, please send your address to my email at scrappymo1@gmail.com as I want to send something for a prize in the playground in 2013. I will post it sometime after Boxing Day to avoid the post office queues right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and so sweet.
    Dear Di I wish you a wonderful Christmas and happy new year 2013
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beatutiful tags Di. The die is brilliat and I think a little spend is coming a long. I am sucker for dies/embossing folders LoL
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so cute Di . . . who can resist lovely embossed tags with cute Forever Friends images on them! FAB. So pleased to have, er, HELPED!!!! Now pass that Sherry bottle along . . . stop hogging it! LOL!

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your tags Di.
    I've just reached the 'put your feet up' stage but not turned to the bottle just yet :-)
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tags Di. I did make some earlier but using large gift bags now so don't need quite so many!
    Hark at Annie at the put your feet up stage! I wish!!
    Hugs
    xx
    P.S. Any Port over there?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, ditzy is Mum's adult, but wanting that cutlebug tag embossing folder is all you baby! Super cute tags, they'll go brilliantly with your paper. Have a superdoop Christmas. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those tags - need that die and folder!!!! Am sadly not near 'the feet up' stage as yet but had a day off today. Big push tomorrow and then if it aint done it aint done!!:-) Happy Christmas xx Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Di, These are gorgeous the image used is stunning and you still have time to make a card with the image and enter it into our challenge over at Forever Friends Theme Christmas Card and if you use a F/F Image or backing paper you have a 2nd chance of winner .......just a thought!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tee hee Di .. .. I had to do some last minute tags last night .. .. though I have come up with a cunning plan which will mean I don't need to do any more (hopefully.

    I have put all the kids presents from us into big funky carrier bags and am just putting one big tag on the outside LOL!! I can be such a lazy mare!!

    Your tags look super luxurious. Love the shape and all the embossing.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are just lovely Di! Might have to treat myself to that die in the new year! I wanted to make tags too but didn't get round to it :-( hope you have a fantastic Christmas and new year. Hope you get lots of crafting goodies.
    Laura xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.