Thursday 13 December 2012

And a second card for two special little ladies

When two little girls now split their time between their Mummy and their Daddy, it sort of makes sense to make sure they have a Christmas card in each of the two homes:
And it's another easel card and, as if I didn't have enough going on, I opted for an easel card :(
Sideways view.
And the base.

I used:

- 6" white square card stock

- the image is a stamp I've had and loved for ages - just having its first outing though as it's one of those stamp sets you just like to look at as there are so very many possibilities - it's a Whimsy stamp called 'Cool Ride' bought from the USA by post and cost me an arm and a leg at the time. As the girlies just love horses on carousels it should be perfect for them :) I inked the image using Memento 'Gray Flannel' and I adore this new ink pad for softer outlines, image coloured with Pro Markers in a rush so not much shading and tickled with 'Frosted Lace' Stickles (which glimmers like anything in real life!) with a few little pearls added

- all patterned backing papers are from the Wild Rose Studio ' Annabelle's Christmas' paper pack, love this pack!!

- used MS snowflake 'Aspen' PATP punch on white card to form the main backing

- plain red card - for outer and and inner squares and also another piece used for the MB 'Snowflake Corner' die, with a few pearls added

 - another strip of red card topped with backing paper from the same pack, sticky ribbon by Dovecraft from their 'Jolly Happy Christmas' pack - bought in New Mexico plus a button also bought in NM. The white organza ribbon came from the ribbon box

I feel like Superwoman with run-down batteries right now - off to bed!

Di
x

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card,
    I LOVE horses, colours are stunning.
    Bravo-you did a great job.
    Hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just the most lovely carousel horse, and your little girls are just going to love it to pieces. The bling really glimmers, especially if picture is enlarged. Great job. I love the Grey Flannel too...nice soft outlines when you don't want a harsh black. All the combined elements work so well together. Easel cards...nope, don't know how to do that fold either! LOL. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love your beautiful card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous Di. Safe journey tomorrow and hope you have a wonderful time.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Di

    Never even considered kids needing cards in two houses .. .. how thoughtful of you to think of doing that!

    This one is a stunner. Love the image very much and your gorgeous papers.

    Hope the teacher training goes well.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Di

    BEAUTIFUL easel card . . . even if it did stress you out. It'll be worth it as I positive the girls will love it.

    Take care now.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful is your card Di, l like the easel style so lovely and the dies is gorgeous as is the image so beautifully presented xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous, beautiful card, everything is spot on. Love it.
    As I did when the postman called today, with a fabulous Christmas card, thank you so much.

    KAth x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A total stunner of a card, my friend! Wow! I think my batteries have been out of juice for about a week! Sleep well x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Love Love this card.
    Wonderful Honey.
    Have fun.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful carousel horse, Di! And I love that red snowflake corner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning!! I am so impressed by these easel cards...i haven't ever made one...but that is going to change...you guys are inspiring m.

    I love that you did 2 cards...I agree with you. It could sort of be a decoration just for them in their own room! I love the image, love the colours you used and love the easel shape!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a gorgeous card, love the carousel house. I am sure they will love it and the fact that they have one at each house too. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a brilliant idea to have two cards for the two houses - and it is an amazing card I must say. I love carousel horses - I used to stand at Goose Fair (here in Nottingham) and watch the horses going round and round. Now you've set me off again thinking about when I was younger - a year or two ago! The papers are also beautiful.

    Hugs Sue pxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.