Monday 10 December 2012

For two special little ladies

This was to have been my snippets card yesterday, but time ran out and I knew that I'd make some sort of huge boo-boo if I rushed it:

It has to be posted ASAP so I ran away from the boxes containing tree decorations for a while and finished it off :)

I used:

- A5 white card stock which comes with the edges touched with silver, I suspect these ones came from QVC ages ago but think that Hobbycraft stock them

- image by Belles 'n Whistles, designed by Elisabeth Bell - I adore so much of her work and this image reminds me so much of Mia and Livi. Stamped onto a snippet, coloured with Pro Markers then  a litte touch of Crystal Ice Stickles and an aurora borealis gem in the centre of the star

- all of the plain pink card came from the snippets folder - some behind the patterned paper, a scalloped square behind the image and a scalloped oval behind the sentiment

- the patterned paper is by Marianne Design from the 'Merry Little Christmas' paper pack

- dies used were a square scalloped Nestie, Spellbinders Fancy Tags Two, Memory Box 'Snowflake Corner' - plus SU's scalloped oval punch

- sentiment by Craftwork Cards

- ribbons from the ribbon box and the lace was a snippet

- the bow was threaded with iridescent cord and a sweet little parcel charm, the snowflake, which is much whiter in real life, is a sparkly button threaded with narrow pink organza ribbon

- snort, then I went mad with more aurora borealis gems - the little girlies do love anything sparkly and pink, so I was in my element :)


I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

In The Pink - Challenge #9 'Gonna be a pink Christmas' (right up my street of course)

My Time to Craft - Challenge 200 - Non Traditional Christmas Colours

EHA Challenge #32 - Christmas with a Twist - Non-traditional Christmas colours - this is a challenge I just found, to use Elisabeth Bell designs. It's an Australia based challenge and I'm in seventh heaven just looking through past DT work, they also sell Elisabeth Bell stamps, the one I used today came from the UK but I'll be checking Elphine House out as I can't always track down Elisabeth Bell stamps easily. Yay!

My work doing the Christmas decorations is almost finished but the in-house DIY chappie is lagging behind. I'm trusted with the indoor tree lights but (sigh) nothing else I can blow the house up with - believe me I have come very close in the past. Ha, I bet if I get his toolbox out, and start unrolling cable and lights for elsewhere, it just might do the trick!


Hope you all had a productive weekend, mine was a bit slower than hoped but my 'to-do' list is getting shorter  - which is more than can be said for Mr DIY here's list :(

Darnell hit the nail on the head, the 'whispering voice' saying this will all be ripped down in the blink of an eye could well mean the angel ends up on the dining room table and the Christmas runner ends up on the top of the tree - get thee behind me, oh bottle box of wine!! Thank you for chirping me up though Darnell :

Di
x

23 comments:

  1. Lovely card Di and pink too. Totally delightful. Sorry can't hold the star up or anything else cos I have done me back in Miss moving the furniture back into the lounge. On booze, pain killers and muscle rub in huge quantities. I would say hugs but it hurts too much. So just Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm all caught up in porr Mrs A above...do hope she gets better soon...
    Your card is a gem...so beautiful! Love the colours, the colouring and the gorgeous design! Those little girls are going to love it!!!
    o visit poor Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card Di for those gorgeous girls.
    Keep ticking off that to do list. :-)
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a gorgeous card, beautiful image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pinkie card with fab design and image!

    Thanks for sharing with us at In the Pink... hope to see you here again soon!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo so sweet card. Love the small metalic present, gives the final tuch to lovely card.
    Tamara :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really sweet card, love the layout & image!

    Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Di, Your card is so beautiful and Eligant too l bet if you did get that tool box out it would do the trick......lol take care x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Di, love the adorable image and gorgeous layout and colour combo. Now, put the wine down and get on with those deccies!
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so into alternative Christmas card colours at the moment Di. This is gorgeous. I love the image and this particular shade of pink is soo beautiful. Just so delicate.

    Hugs Sue Pxxx

    PS Don't forget to save me some Pickled Lily!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty Di, the girls will love it. Glad you laid off the wine long enough to finish it, lol! I've come back to work for a rest today, crossed so many things off my Christmas list this weekend, I'm going to have to think of a few more things to add, otherwise I'll have nothing to do!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm late today Di . . . but just dropping by to say that I think this is a beautiful Christmas card in the pink.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is so pretty! Great work lovely. Take care Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooooo! I likie. I likie alot! Very pink and the stamp is gorgeous.
    I was very nearly tempted to buy this corner die at NEC but went for the tree and music. This is on my list.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is one of my favorite EB images and you've colored her beautifully. What a gorgeous LO and your use of the dies is awesome. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Elphine House and we hope to see you back for our next challenge. Good luck! "Hugs"

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Di

    Lots of loveliness on this sweet creation .. .. including scrummy hearts!!!

    Hope things are settling down a bit.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simply gorgeous, Di - love all the glittery bits. I think that just looking as though you are going to take over your resident DIY man's job will be enough to galvanise him into action ... if only because he is terrified of what damage you can do :)) Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Di,

    Beautiful card! I'm not putting out Christmas decorations this year. Not that I'm a Scrooge, it's just that they are packed away in my storage shed -- at the back on the bottom! Oh my.

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a pretty card Di - the image has a beautiful vintage feel, and I love the embellishments. Well done for using up all those snippets too!
    Thank you for sharing with us ITP - hope you'll pop by again.
    Hugs, Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW!! This is really gorgeous!! I love the pink color and the pretty ribbon is so elegant too!! :) Thanks for playing along with us at Elphine House Australia Challenge!! I hope you will join for the current challenge going on now! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well, you are welcome, honey! Here I am back days later and just now seeing my name in lights!! Your card for the girls is beyond beautiful and precious. They will treasure it forever!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love all the pink, the gems and the frilly sweetness of this card! How perfect for a little lady!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.