Tuesday 4 December 2012

What? Not a Christmas card?

Too right!! I needed a change so made this:

I used:

- 5" x 7" white card stock

- stamped image by Personal Impressions - ref. P1431M, coloured with Pro Markers and trimmed round - ack, it took ages cutting round the frondy bits! Should have embossed the white card and then stamped onto it - but ain't hindsight 20/20 vision huh!? I got the stamp in a rummage box for £1 when out with the Two J's the other week......bargain!! :)

- embossing folder - Cuttlebug 'Swirls Frame' - if you hurry this is in the reduced section in Joanna Sheen's shop, along with the Poinsettia Frames folder I used recently

- melon pink card

- sentiment by Hero Arts from the 'Good Friends' set

- one single flat backed pearl in the centre of the flower on the hat

Spent hours yesterday trying to tidy up the craft room - was at the point of decamping to the dining room otherwise :( Still not finished but I can confirm that the desk is light oak in colour at least now - that was a surprise after so long!

Di
x

13 comments:

  1. This should be entered in a challenge girl! It is a lovely card. That hat was a fabulous bargain!

    I think it will prove to be a "go to" stamp over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Di

    A great card .. .. and a great stamp too. A real bargain at £1!

    My day is starting with a craft pod tidy up ready for another crafty session.

    Have been trying to get the old accounts double checked and sorted ready for the dreaded tax return:-(
    but in reality I need to be getting orders done and dusted. I need to do both!! LOL!!

    Always chasing my tail!!!

    Have a good day.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely sentiment and your card is gorgeous. Thanks for birthday wishes to my sweet Gaia,
    Hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Di. Well done with the cutting you must have the patience of a saint

    ReplyDelete
  5. Di, this is lovely! What a great bargain the elegant stamp is! Good luck with the tidying, I must have a go at my daughter's room, I think the carpet is blue but it's so long since it's been visible under the heaps of clothes, I might be wrong!!

    Have a good day!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. a super effective simple card, love the swirl frame and your bargin stamp, so pretty
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Di, love this.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this card Di. The splash of pink on the white is a great combo and I love that embossing folder!

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that's some bargain Di the stamp is gorgeous and your card is beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep Miss Di. This is a gorgeous card sure enough. Lovely stamping, colouring, layering and embossing. Yep! All the boxes ticked so you can have a 10!! Not sure what Craig would give though!
    Nice feeling to have a clean desk again isn't it? I almost don't want to mess it again when it is all shiny and clear.....almost!! Teehee!
    Hope to see it tidy tomorrow!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous card Di. The stamp is beautiful with brilliant colouring and cutting out, and what a bargain.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I laugh at how many blogs I've visited recently where you see lots of Christmas cards and then suddenly one that isn't and the person says "needed a break." Yep, I think we can all relate. I love your non-Christmas card and your coloring job, very superb.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Di, it is nice to see something non-Christmassy for a change and I just love that hat. The embossed frame is lovely too. Chasing my tail too so have to sympathise and empathise. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.