Friday 21 December 2012

Friday Feast - Chinese Spiced Pork Fillet

Anyone up for a rest over the holidays from turkey, ham and beef? This recipe is a tasty and very easy change:
Chinese Spiced Pork Fillet

Serves 2

500g lean pork fillet
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
50ml dry sherry
2 tablespoons lemon marmalade
50ml tomato passata (sieved tomatoes is the closest in the USA)
1 red chilli, finely chopped (I did use this, but you can omit it)
Half a teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
salt and freshly ground pepper

Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees c, Gas Mark 6.

Trim away any fat from the pork and cut in half across the centre. Season well with salt and pepper on each side.

Pre-heat non-stick frying pan until hot. Carefully add the pork, turning quickly to seal all sides. Transfer to an ovenproof dish, place in a hot oven and continue cooking for 15-20 minutes.

Add the garlic to the pan and soften. Add the sherry and the remaining ingredients. Simmer gently until the pork is cooked.

Remove pork from oven and allow to rest for 4-5 minutes before slicing into medallions. Arrange on a serving place and pour the sauce over.

I guess you can serve this with rice, but I chose a baked potato each and fresh baby vegetables - yummy :)

Enjoy!

Di
x

7 comments:

  1. Yum yum.
    I always say things taste better when it's cooked for you so.....what time do you want me round? :-)
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG . . . these look and sound delicious . . . keep them warm in the oven . . . I'm coming round . . .

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so njami,njami...
    Now I am hunngry.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh l wasn't hungry either but seeing this has made me feel like l could raid my cupboards this looks gorgeous Di and easy recipe too by the looks of it this l will have to try thanks for sharing it xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I have to say that I would love these, but Hubby is not as adventuous as I am, gosh I can see you howling at that one, after some of my comments on your previous Friday Feasts.

    Well, glad the card arrived and I have to say that I was very tempted to say, "please don't show this card to your "in house critic".

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks delish am printing as I'm typing. Thanks Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks delicious, Di. I love pork fillet and this recipe looks easy to knock up ... it has to be quick and easy after the mammoth Christmas cook-up! I've been thinking of recipes that would make a nice change after the festivities too and have posted an easy to sling together dish this week - we are clearly on the same wavelength :) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.