Thursday 20 December 2012

Less Is More - Anniversary

This week's LIM challenge that I made this card is for is 'Anniversary':
Super fast card, in between washing, ironing and sorting out after the weekend away.

I used:

- 4.5" x 4,5" square white card stock

- a stamp bought in New Mexico, by Copper Leaf Creations called' Coyote Moon', chosen by Len - I do suspect he's a 'closet crafter' :) I used a new Memento ink pad called 'Elderberry', it's got that touch of very deep purple about it. The moon was coloured with a pale yellow Pro Marker

- sentiment also stamped in 'Elderberry' using a Penny Black 'Happy Anniversary' stamp that is dated 1997 so it was either a 'pre-loved' stamp I bought - or possibly from the wonderful 'give away your stash' table at the October WOYWW crop

- double embossed lines above and below the image

Funny, one layer cards used to terrify me but now I'm tending to go down that route for CAS/LIM cards. As I find the Pro Marker ink bleeds through the card I back the insides with plain white card, cut a fraction smaller than the card itself. That still means it's a one-layer card don't it? :)

Don't fret though, the layers and snippets will always be close to my heart.

I wish all the other bits and pieces left to do before the fat man in the red suit calls could be as fast - although thankfully I did tons ahead of our trip :) I so hope you're all getting there too - remember, if it ain't done then would it really spoil Christmas? I think not my lovely friends!

Off to bed now at 9pm on Wednesday, so, so tired, this should post at midnight and then I'll link to the LIM challenge in the morning.  Hope to check the Playground and then am off out for a girlie lunch :)

Di
x

13 comments:

  1. A very sweet card young lady. Since I've started coloring with the Spectrum Noir cards, I'm finding they bleed through also. I guess that's the issue with Alcohol, however, I love them and your idea of backing them is a very good one. I love the layered cards also, but boy, do they excite the postman when we bring them in....lots more postage! Your card arrived today, It is BEAUTIFUL. I apologize for not sending one your way. Seems this last week here in the states has really taken the joy from those tasks. I'm thinking you could check your post box around Valentine day. Happy Holidays to you and yours...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Di, this is a super cute card, and methinks it must be a NM stamp? Looks like 2 coyote lovers lookin' at the moon; (?) You Brits don't have coyotes do you? (But then maybe 'tis my bleary vision tonite, not coyotes at all!) Still a cute card. And so many thanks for the surprise card, very lovely, one of MFThings! However did you guess???? Posted it for others to share & enjoy along with DH & myself. Lovely coloring job & perfect paper pairing too! Merry Merry & I hope you get some rest. Hugs, hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and so appropriate given your recent trip...
    Don't know if you know coyotes...but....HOWL baby HOWL and celebrate that anniversary in style!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple design Di but it's lovely.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful and sweet CAS card Di.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect! Just perfect! Terrific one layer card and an unusual stamp for us Brits!

    Have a lovely lunch out honey.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so sweet is your card Di, just lovely for the right challenge too xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This image speaks LIM, I can't imagine it otherwise, so just the right challenge to use it.
    Two bust days ahead for me having Chris's 65 Birthday party on Saturday, so tomorrow is last minute fresh g
    items shopping, then cooking what can be cooked the day before and making a Birthday cake, then Saturday will be buffet preparation all day. His Birthday is actually Christmas Day but the Family with young children want to stay home and I don't blame them, nothing worse than kiddies being dragged from theit toys to go to an old foggies Birthday Party, when they may not even get a party bag, if I don't pull my finger out tomorrow.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful sweet card Di... Your yummy piccalilli arrive, I love how you have decorated the front The made with love design is fantastic... Looking forward to some on boxing day with some cooked ham... Your Christmas card is Gorgeous.. May I ask what is the stamp for the tree called it is really Beautiful.. Have a Wonderful Christmas stay warm, eat lots.. That's my plan anyway.. tee-hee Enjoy.. Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet card Di... of course it's still a one layer card... lining it doesn't count as a layer, it's the front we're concerned with!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Di

    I am still at the stage of being "terrified" by one layer cards!!!

    Perhaps it is because I sell most of my makes and I have to feel people "got their monies worth" by having a few layers LOL!!!

    Pleased to hear you won't be abandoning your snippets.

    Hope you catch up with yourself (and your sleep) soon.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.