Friday 28 August 2020

Rudolph Days Challenge - August 2020

There's still time to enter into ScrappyMo's Rudolph Days challenge for August - it closes at the end of the month, 31st August.

Here's my Rudolph Days entry - I went overboard with the fiddly stuff once again, when will I learn to do quick and easy? And also, making three of these cards the same, although wise in some ways as it was like a factory production line, seemed to take forever - I had little scraps of offcuts stuck all over the place as well:

I used:

- white DL card (following the current trend for long and skinny cards)

- silver mirri card, trimmed slightly smaller than the card front and glued in place using Collall All Purpose glue, then set to one side whilst I made the top layer of the card

- baby blue pearlescent card, trimmed slightly smaller than the silver layer

- snippets of white, black, red and brown card for the snowman (plus white card which I coloured with an orange Zig brush pen to use for the nose just so I could get the right shade of orange)

- backed the white card with Stick-It and die cut the snowman using Tonic's 'Joyful' Snowman' die

- then adhered the snowman onto the baby blue piece of card

- die cut his 'extras' all from snippets of Stick-It backed card - brown for the arms, orange for the 'carrot nose', black for the top hat (plus the buttons and eyes) and red for the scarf

- adhered all the finishing 'extras' in place and gave the snowman a touch of pale pink Zig on one cheek

- then from the leftover pieces from die cutting the main body of the snowman, punched five 'snowballs' for him to juggle - using a Stampin' Up 'Itty Bitty round punch' and adhered them in place

- die cut the sentiment using Stick-It backed silver mirri card and a Sue Wilson Festive Mini Expressions die called 'Christmas Wishes'

- added the sentiment underneath the snowman

- glued the finished blue panel onto the silver layer - which was already glued to the card front

Finito!

The snowman die was released for Christmas 2016 but he is 'new and unused' to me and therefore NBUS - here I come with another entry for Darnell's NBUS #17 challenge.

And, finally I remembered to enter this into Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #504 as well! 

I already have a good few snowman stamps as well as dies but couldn't resist this brand new unopened little guy fairly recently on a 'craft de-cluttering' Facebook group ............ at £5 including postage. He still sells at £12 or so online so I bagged a bargain - even if I didn't desperately need him!

That brings my total of 2020 Christmas cards now made up to 45. Gonna have to get a wiggle on if I want to catch up a bit - some simpler designs could be a plan. However, no-one questioned the additional shop bought ones I sent out last year :)



17 comments:

  1. Darling snowman, Di, and I love how he's juggling snowballs!! Darling inlaid scarf too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super snowman - you can never have enough of them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant Rudolph Day card. Another 3 for the box . . . Well done.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This snowman card is so darned cute. I love this snowman die...best of all, I love the snowballs he is so deftly handling!

    Great card Di and sending you a virtual medal for patience as that was a lot of die cut parts to reassemble...especially with your multiple cards.

    Thanks for taking part in the August Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous snowman l love it also the design card is a nice change too have a great day x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous Christmas card Di. That snowman is so cute. Have a good day. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous card Di - I love the snowman and he was well worth all the 'fiddling'!

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do the same thing when I make cards! I love swapping inlaid die bits with alternating colors and this is really cute! I know it's time consuming, but it's time better spent than sitting idle me thinks :) Cute juggling snowman :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ‘Tis a super snowman and that 🧣 can be done in so may colourways and still look different. Hugs Me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A really super card Di, love the snowman die and he looks to have a cheeky grin, probably due to you faffing about with the fiddley bits.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous snowman card Di, you've pieced him together beautifully, stay safe hugs Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Di,
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    Oh isn't he gorgeous and such a Handsome Smowman no wonder you couldn't resist him he was a bargain also.
    Love you wonderful design it's so super.
    I too have been making quite a few DL cards with snippets of what I have left over from my 8" ones.
    Hope you are keeping well.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so cute, Di. I know what you mean about quick and easy. I just don't enjoy those and never like what I create that way...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooo what a cutie, but then I do have a soft spot for snowmen and yes you so needed him ;-), with my DT hat on, thanks for joining us at Augusts Rudolph Days Challenge, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This snowman is really cute but you managed to make an elegant card with it! Great choice of papers!
    Hugs and cuddles to Dudley!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.