Sunday 16 August 2020

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Challenge #383 - results

 
What a week of yet more scorching weather - followed by some much longed for rain! Which brought, unsurprisingly, some flooding - thankfully I'd got home by the time one of our local lanes was hit hard on Thursday. Dudley has taken to sleeping in the downstairs loo at night, even though we have damp towels for him on the tiled bathroom floors upstairs! He looks so funny - he wiggles himself in between the pedestal and the tiled piece of wall beside it - with his tummy on the tiled floor. So both sides are cool as is his undercarriage - and his nose is up against the tiles at the back of the loo.  That dog's not totally daft! It still makes me sad that he's taken to doing this and just hope he ventures out when the temperatures drop down again! 

On Thursday I had a dental check up - hygienist the week previously then check up the next - both went well with no issues but very stringent processes in place of course.
 
Let's move straight into this fortnight's picks:
I picked this card by Emma as it's quite amazing! Must be the longest concertina card I've ever seen, wonderful way to use up snippets - and of course beautifully made as well. I love it! 
 

Oh how I love this card, made by Chandini - our lovely twin sisters. It's absolutely lovely - and such a neat trick to tone down the bold stripes with a layer of vellum so that they don't detract from the glorious flowers. I always forget about using vellum - it's such a versatile medium too
 

And Kathy A reminded me about a technique I haven't played with for ages - iris folding! Perfect for little snippetty strips ............ and doesn't that cornet look inviting. Gorgeous work! 
 
Gosh, it gets harder each time to whittle down the fortnightly 'picks' - but this time, due to being busy on Saturday/tomorrow, I've had to limit myself whilst writing this!
 
We had one new Playmate as well: 
Jessica Knuteson  
 
So, that's my picks and I do hope they've given you some inspiration for ways in which you can use up some of your own snippets. 

We had 52 entries in total, and one new Playmate this time:

Now for the prize draw, which is for a 'Lawn Fawn Say 'What? Pets' set of stamps and matching dies as well as a Lawn Fawn 'Critter Chatter - Pets' set of stamps - and the winner is:
April
Congratulations April - you'll love this prize for sure!  Please send me your address, even if you know that I know it already, with your full name at the top as well so I can copy and paste for speed and ease. It's also confirmation that you still would like the prize of course and I'll do my best to post your prize ASAP this coming week. Please put Playground Winner or similar in the subject line of your email in case it drops into my junk mail. Email address is on RH sidebar as always.

Remember folks, there's still almost another week to run on Challenge #384 - you can find it HERE. Bit of a bumper prize again this time -  a Sweet Dixie set of 'Daisies' dies from Viv - and a Joanna Sheen 'Diamond Lattice' stencil plus a set of Clarity Stamps 'Christmas and Congratulations' sentiment stickers from me.

As I type, on Friday, I'm behind with commenting - basically it's been much too hot to sit at the laptop for very long. Tomorrow, Saturday, it's time for another trip to the groomers for Dudley Dog - no doubt he'll shame me and plonk himself down at the front door and refuse to budge! I must look so daft dragging a dog along their shiny (thankfully!) floor all the way to the grooming salon at the back. As Dudley has his lead attached to a harness not his collar it has been known for him to turn round as he's sliding along, which means he's probably pleading with people to save him as he goes past!

His latest trick today was to play 'bridesmaid' as I was walking downstairs in a mid calf length loose 'tie dye' dress bought on holiday a few years ago - purely for coolness. The dress was trailing on the stairs and the little tinker had the hem in his mouth as he followed me down! I do not want another trip up like before Christmas - that shoulder is only now beginning to feel anywhere near normal again. The delights of having a Dudley Dog eh?

Update: Dudley came home from our sweet groomers looking gorgeous but, as always, stressed out. He slept in Len's arms, in the evening sun, for ages in the garden and only really began returning to his usual 'tornado self' just after this post went live!

Love from Parsnip, a happy wave and rather weary woof from Dudley - and of course hugs as always from me. Stay safe, wear those masks - and keep on crafting.




18 comments:

  1. Congrats to April and great top picks!!
    Here is very hot too, and my cats prefer the fresh floor to the warm pills. I image the poor Dudley with all his long fur, surely his tummy and nose feel more happy on the tiles!:D
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picks are always amazing! We're having a heat wave, so I totally understand Dudley's wanting his tummy on the cool tile! Poor Fritz--always wants a sunbath & doesn't understand when it looks like any other day, but is boiling hot on the deck! I did chuckle imagining Dudley being pulled through the shop to get groomed! Hope he gets less traumatized with age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love reading your posts, they are so cheerful and interesting and they make me smile!
    Congratulations to the winner!
    Here is hot and humid and we have finally managed to set up our pool, we are loving it so much!
    Crafty hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful selection of picks as usual and lovely to hear more Dudley tales. You are right it was far too hot for anything for a few days, wiped me out but nice that it is a little cooler now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous top picks and congratulations to April too.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely array of cards Di congrats to you all and congratulations to April enjoy your win, love to read regarding Dudley he’s a smart cookie and if he’s kept cool in the small room good on him, they do become stressed after visiting the vet glad he was sorted not too long after and a cuddle can be just the tonic enjoy your day x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Di! I am so chuffed to win those lovely stamps - thank you so so much!
    Gorgeous pics (the accordion card is amazing!)
    Glad Dudley is feeling more like his old self after the groomers. Hugs, April xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific picks.
    Waving hello to the newbie.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heck where did my comment go to.. one minute I was writing it and the next poof magic gone. Anyways as
    I was saying before getting cut off the vision of Dudley being pulled along like a mop did make me smile until I remembered the toothy gap.
    Hugs Me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to April.

    I love how Dudley is so smart he finds the coolest place to sleep. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to April and SO MANY FUN FOLDS in the top picks! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done to everyone! I hope you are well Di at last it has cooled down. The rain flooded the end of my son's shop on Thursday, I've never seen rain quite like it and I hope I never do! I'm glad you have a new groomers for Dudley and he is well. Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some great picks, especially that mammoth concertina card from Emma and congratulations to April for winning the super prize this time. Dogs are very inventive in finding cool places to sleep, but I'm sure when it is not so hot Dudley will be back upstairs. We are off to the dentist for our check ups tomorrow and no doubt they will all be togged up in their space suits, still good to get our checks out of the way. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super picks, the concertina card looks like it goes on forever - amazing! Congratulations to April on her win. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great snippet makes everyone and congrats to April!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats to all the winners! Wow, there are so many impressive card designs, and such a variety of ways to use up snippets. That concertina card is just spectacular!
    So glad that Dudley was able to get a summer haircut and I hope he'll feel a little bit cooler at least. Poor pups are wearing a fur coat all the time, ugh.
    Our little Toby isn't doing so well right now, and it kind of surprised us when he was just diagnosed with kidney failure. At 15 years old, it's not unexpected, but is always hard to see our fur babies in decline. Give Dudley an extra hug from us and enjoy his energetic post-grooming burst!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So fun to see on my ice cream card here among your picks. So many great cards! Welcome to our new playmate, Jessica, and Emma, I am in awe of your creation! (I'll be that Alice was, too! TFS)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such fabulous picks as always - brilliant inspiration for using snippets of patterned paper there! Congratulations to April on her win too :)
    Poor Dudley, I know how he feels: a trip to the hairdresser leaves me traumatised too and I prefer to just leave it and end up looking like Cousin It from the Adams family! Love the idea of Dudley holding the hem of your dress as you went down the stairs!! Bet he's glad the temperatures have dropped - although MUST we have rain?!!!
    Hugs, Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.