Sunday 2 August 2020

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Challenge #382 - results

 
Oh boy, on Friday we had the third hottest day down here since UK weather records began. The three of us were almost steaming, despite fans etc. going full belt. Little Dudley slept most of Friday night downstairs in the tiled hall where it's probably the coolest place in the house. We almost joined him! He happily lies on a damp towel on his lookout table beside Len's desk during the day time with a small fan blowing on him - but at night he likes to do his own thing.

As you will no doubt know, we're at a bit of a tipping point with COVID numbers rising back up - and some places back in lockdown. Judging from the gatherings we've been seeing around this area - it's not really surprising. No such thing as social distancing on a few people's radar any longer, if it was ever really there in the first place. It seems there's no cure for stupid in many cases.

Let's move straight into this fortnight's picks:
Jenny H brought this lovely card to share with us - I adore the use of so many snippets to create a vintage looking stitched patchwork background - and also on the tailor's dummy. Brilliant!

This beautiful card, made by Val, immediately jumped out at me! A good few snippets used and also what fabulous, almost 'no-line'  colouring - I love it so much. It reminded me very much of a pretty blue party dress I had as a child ☺

What a stunning card this is - such a pretty underwater scene, created by Jackie T, using absolutely loads of snippets! It's so pretty and I adore the Brushos background. When we first went to Thailand, well over 20+ years ago now, the coral was amazing and this card really reminds me of those times.


And, here's a fourth one for you as I can't whittle my list of possibles down to three. Alice (Scrapamondo) made this wonderful card - and just look at how many teeny, tiny snippets she used for those flowers! I think that Alice keeps a stash of ready punched flowers and such on standby, made from little snippets. I know others of you do and it's such a great tip.

So, that's my picks and I do hope they've given you some inspiration for ways in which you can use up some of your own snippets. 

We had 43 entries in total, and no new Playmates this time.

Now for the prize draw, which is for a Spellbinders 'Optical Illusion Kaleidoscope' set of dies - and the winner is:
Congratulations Vicky - I'm delighted for you and look forward to seeing what you make using your prize!  Please send me your address, even if you know that I know it already, with your full name at the top as well so I can copy and paste for speed and ease. It's also confirmation that you still would like the prize of course and I'll do my best to post your prize ASAP this coming week. Please put Playground Winner or similar in the subject line of your email in case it drops into my junk mail. Email address is on RH sidebar as always.

Remember folks, there's still almost another week to run on Challenge #383 - you can find it HERE. Bit of a bumper prize -  a 'Lawn Fawn Say 'What? Pets' set of stamps and matching dies as well as a Lawn Fawn 'Critter Chatter: Pets' set of stamps.

I did manage to package up prizes from Challenge #381, then we got hit by the heatwave and to be honest I was really fighting to keep cool - so the thought of venturing out in the car got put to one side!

I have to go out on Monday - routine dental appointment and a couple of other things - so I'll post off the Woodware stamp sets whilst I'm out and about.

Finally, we went out for our late afternoon sit in the garden earlier than usual today. A WW11 Spitfire did a flyover in honour of our NHS hospitals - delighted we saw it but not quick enough with the camera! Here's a photo taken by someone else nearby, quicker on the button than yours truly - 'Thank U NHS' is painted on the underside of the wings, and yes, I did well up with tears!

Our 'sit out' generally culminates in cuddles for Dudley from Len - and here they are, with Len well covered up against the pesky mossies that love him so much!
Are you sure there's no treats left on the garden table Dad?

OK, no treats left - so I'll just watch to see if the Spitfire flies over again!

Love from Parsnip, a happy wave and woof from Dudley - and of course hugs as always from me. Stay safe, wear those masks - and keep on crafting.




14 comments:

  1. Great snippety makes as always Di, so clever, and congratulations to Vicky H for winning the lovely prize this time. Two wonderful photos of Len and Dudley and what a super surprise to see the Spitfire go over, and for a good cause too. We have heard from someone in the know that here in Somerset numbers are still low and only three people with it in our main hospital so that is excellent news. Friday was very humid here too, a lot better today though. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card picks and many congratulations to Vicky on her win.

    Terrific photos of Len and Dudley too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for including my card in your picks this time. Great tip about having a standby collection of tiny flowers, leaves etc. I have a small collection of various 'bits and bobs' ready for use. Pleased to see the extreme heat seems to have given way to something a bit more 'liveable'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous gallery of snippety makes as always Di, congratulations to everyone showcased. I am thrilled to bits to win the draw this time, thank you so much! How lucky to spot the flyover with the painted underside. We are missing seeing the planes come over on their way to the air shows this year. I enjoyed the photos of Len and Dudley having a cuddle too.
    Will be in touch, Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pix, Dudders is so very photogenic

    Congratulations to your featured makes and to Vicky on winning the snippets prize

    Happy Sunday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards well deserved to be showcased and congratulations to Vicky enjoy your win ...yes it was a hot one for us but no where near as hot just bearable to not be uncomfortable, how lovely to see the spitfire flying over so nice it is for the NHS to be recognised for all the hard work during this pandemic and just look how cute Dudley looks ooh l could squeeze him take care and stay safe l agree there are still some idiots around xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your picks this week Di. Congrats to Vicky and lovely pics of Len and Dudley too x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post Di - lovely picks and lovely pics!
    We're one of those areas back in lockdown not that I was going anywhere except in our bubble with Gra's Mum and a visit to the supermarket so really don't make a lot of difference to me. Struggling to cope with the facemask though so even my weekly shopping trips have now been curtailed - he goes, drops me off and I start walking back! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Di thank you for choosing my card. Congratulations to the others chosen. How cool to see the Spitfire. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how cute is that little scamp... hes adorable.

    Love the stunning picks Miss, well done all around.. and yes agree re welling up at the spitfire saying thanks to NHS a sentiment I heartily endorse. Congrats to winners too..

    And yrs Di, also agree re COVID..we have parts of Oz in strict curfew, not just close down, no one allowed out at night in Melb Vic. Its a long way from us on Nth Coast on NSW but I'm like you proactive. I don't get why folks don't get it.
    Thanks for sharing, and may God bless and keep you and all whom you love safe and well.
    Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz. X

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab picks, and pix... the Spitfire was on its way either to or from Siverstone for F1 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Em! The Spitfire took off from Duxford and flew over lots of NHS hospitals, landed at Goodwood for a couple or so hours, then took off and flew over more hospitals before returning to Duxford. It did indeed also fly over Silverstone! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, thank you for the spotlight on my snippets card! :D Congrats to the other top picks too and the the winner!
    Adorable pictures of Len and Dudley, so sweet!!
    I'm later in commenting, but I'm very busy with my Mum, my vegetable garden and chicken.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome picks and awesome pics! Congratulations to Vicky. Still too hot and muggy - hopefully it will change soon. I prefer winter time myself. Although not good with either extremes these days. Heat the worst though. Goodness, what a moaner I am Sorry ! Take care and stay safe! Hugs my friend xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.