I've ventured out twice this week - dentist on Monday for a regular (albeit delayed by a few months due to COVID) hygienist appointment and then back out on Tuesday to collect a repeat prescription for strong painkillers. They'll last me for ages I hope but it's good to have them handy just in case.
It's still extremely hot and humid here - we had a sprinkling of rain during the night on Wednesday but not enough to write home about. In fact, it's so hot that Dudley is sleeping downstairs a lot during the night where it's generally cooler and there are plenty of tiled floors to choose from. Now and then he scampers upstairs to check on us and have a quick cuddle - before trotting off again. He has a full grooming session booked for next Saturday and will no doubt be glad to be rid of some of his coat.
Let's get straight on - here's my snippets card for this fortnight:
- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank, side opening on the short side
- piece of white card, onto which I stencilled a trellis background using soft cosmetic brushes, Tim Holtz 'Broken China' Distress ink pad and Joanna Sheen's 'Diamond Lattice' stencil
- die cut the trellis piece using a die from Lil' Inkers 'Stitched Rectangles' set of dies and put it to one side
- then I took a dive into the snippets folder for little pieces of green, two shades of pink and also a snippet of black card
- used my much loved Altenew mini die cutting machine to cut a selection of leaves, fronds and flowers - using every die in Sweet Dixie's 'Daisies' set of dies
- glued the foliage and flowers, with black stamen centres, onto the lattice piece of card - using a Zig glue pen
- then glued the panel to the card front, using Colall All Purpose glue
- added a black and white sentiment sticker from the super-useful Clarity set of sentiment stickers called 'Christmas and Celebrations'
- final touch, a medium sized diamanté gem in the centre of each 'daisy' - finished!
I went to town making this card and double layered the daisies, not really necessary but it was my first play with the set of dies. I later spotted an example of a really elegant card on the 'net which used black and shiny gold for the die cutting - very dramatic.
Our lovely Viv included a set of these dies in a package she sent for the Playground toy box absolutely ages ago - so of course I bought myself a set to make this card! A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do after all. This is the last offering from that lovely package - thanks Viv! I still have a lovely die that Jackie T sent, waiting it's turn - I keep a little notebook and do know it's ages since Jackie sent it. It will appear ASAP I promise Jackie!
And of course, here's the prize for this fortnight:
It's a Sweet Dixie set of 'Daisies' die from Viv - and a Joanna Sheen 'Diamond Lattice' stencil plus a set of Clarity Stamps 'Christmas and Congratulations' sentiment stickers from me. And, as usual - I don't split Playground prizes up although you're welcome to play and give anything you might not want to another crafter where you live.
As always, the Snippets Challenge will run for two weeks and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 22nd August. The gates will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.
It's a maximum of ONE entry, please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. Please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Remember, if you link into the Playground and don't say clearly that you want to be in the draw in a comment on here, then you will be bypassed if your name comes out of Mr Linky. I'm sure you all know I ask for a positive 'yes' on the blog post itself - just in case you're only playing for fun - otherwise I don't add you to my little list.
As I used the dies and stencil for the first time, it means I can join in with Darnell's NBUS #17 challenge HERE!
All prizes were posted on Monday - so I'm totally up to date.
Stay safe my lovely friends.
Lots of love from us all - Parsnip, Dudley and of course me,