Anyhow, here's my snippets card for this fortnight:
- I had kept some of the little teardrop shapes from cutting the white 'cream puff' hearts and I added one into each aperture - which was already white but I wanted to build up another layer
- then cut snippety strips of black card and topped them with strips of more of the pink rose snippets before adding them to just a smidgen away from the top and bottom of the card front, with an overhang
- snipped the overhangs off from the back of the card - one reason I'd opted to make a tent style was to get a nice clean cut along the edge at this stage
- added the assembled heart at a jaunty angle, using thin sticky pads
- final touch, glued a few iridescent sequins in place
I did learn a few things along the way whilst assembling the heart. Most importantly, make sure your paws aren't sticky. The other thing is that I die cut the plain white heart using a Memory Box 'Cupid Heart' die - because I already had it from years ago (2014 to be exact). I can't find it here in the UK to buy, but I could easily have drawn around the outside of the 'Cream Puff Heart' die and fussy cut it instead, making sure I was a very tiny bit inside the heart shaped guideline I'd drawn. The 'cream puff heart' actually looks very nice just left open with no infilling to be honest.
It's a maximum of ONE entry, please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. Please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Remember, if you link into the Playground and don't say clearly that you want to be in the draw in a comment on here, then you will be bypassed if your name comes out of Mr Linky. I'm sure you all know I ask for a positive 'yes' on the blog post itself - just in case you're only playing for fun - otherwise I don't add you to my little list.
Lots of love from us all - Parsnip, Dudley and of course me,