Coo, that went quick! It's time for a new challenge over at Cuttlebug Mania - this fortnight's theme is 'Use a tag' and we're looking for a project which is either just a tag, or has a tag added to your creation.
Details of our sponsor/the prize to be won can be found over on the Cuttlebug Mania Challenge blog.
You do have to use a manual die cutting/embossing machine for Cuttlebug Mania entries (it
doesn't need to be a Cuttlebug but it must be manual, not electronic). And, you can't mix the two, it must be all
manual please. Then make your
entry, link into the challenge, link to the challenge in your own blog
post and and make sure that you also say what products you used for any
This is what I made:
- 4.25" x 5.5" off-white card blank, side opening
- a snippet of card onto which I stuck a Penny Black poinsettia Stickeroo from the 'Snowflakes Falling' sheet
- then die cut the image using the largest label die from the Avery Elle 'Postage Stamp Elle-ments' die set and set it to one side
- snippets of SU's 'Certainly Celery' and 'Pistachio Pudding' plain card , from which I die cut the background panel and the darker 'postage stamp edged' frame - using the largest 'frame' die from the Avery Elle 'Postage Stamp Elle-ments' die set
- next die cut the aperture for the sentiment using a die from the MFT 'Stitched Oval Word Windows' set
- at this point I stumbled across some issues that would take me forever to explain here (all because of not planning properly ahead) but I managed to cobble my way round them
- assembled and glued the whole green panel to the card front
- then just stamped a sentiment from the Paper Smooches ' Christmas Sampler' set using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink, inset into the aperture
- final step was to add a loop of red ribbon to the top of the label and then stick it in place using thin sticky pads
I hope you find time to play along with this latest Cuttlebug Mania
challenge - we'd love to see you join in!
Watch out for the Avery Elle 'Postage Stamp Elle-Ments' die set appearing again before too long - there's one in the Playground Toybox waiting as a future prize :)
Gorgeous card! Lovely Stickaroo image. The sentiment die looks cool but a little tricky! Hugs! xxxReplyDelete
Great card and I love the postage die and ofc you cant beat a bit of faux stitching which really makes the sentiment pop xReplyDelete
Interesting dies used on this tag card - another one for the Christmas box too which is great.ReplyDelete
Very classy design and lovely focal point.ReplyDelete
Hugs, Sarn xxx
A very pretty card and I love the dies you've used. BarbxxReplyDelete
its so nice!ReplyDelete
Beautiful card, love how you added the sentiment, even if it did drive you mad! Cara xReplyDelete
Very pretty and clean and simple. I have had that Avery Elle postage die in my shopping cart for a couple weeks now. I may just click on BUY. Lol. TFS!ReplyDelete
Beautiful card Di...very classy....love all those dies you have used...teasing again are you not? :) xxReplyDelete
A fabulous card Di and I love the postage stamp frame as a background to the pretty poinsettia tag, and the stitched oval word window for the sentiment looks great too. xReplyDelete
A lovely card - great tag and lovely colours too.ReplyDelete
A very elegant card and the image looks so pretty on the tag!ReplyDelete
Nice dies Di, love the shade of green and the lovely PB stickeroo, I am finding them hard to come by these days and when I find somewhere that sells them they are all old ones that I have already got.ReplyDelete
Hope you are well.
Stunning card, Di.ReplyDelete
Lovely Di, clean and crisp with gorgeous colours and a lovely sentiment xxxReplyDelete
Wow, this is a beautiful card Di! I can't believe that is a sticker, it sure doesn't look like one! Sorry for being MIA, not getting email notifications again (what's new there?!) and I've been busy. Doing something new to me and coming to your blog by the way of Dashboard. Maybe now I can stay current since I don't get my notifications anymore. Hugs, BrendaReplyDelete
great image and love the postage stamp frame :)ReplyDelete
Simply gorgeous!! I love that postage stamp die with the fancy edges and stitching, and that tag is fabulous! I do hope you're feeling better these days and pain has gone to visit someone else for a while. TCReplyDelete
This is a gorgeous tag card, Di! I just published a scheduled post (we are on vacay) with a bunch of tag cards, but I can't join in the challenge, darn it, since I have previously posted the tags themselves. I'm pinning your design! I love having new ideas for how to frame tags on cards! Hugs, DarnellReplyDelete
Playing catch up on your blog!ReplyDelete
I love the owrd aperture. that was a brilliant idea.
I am in the mood lately to place card elements in apertures. My RD card this month is the start of that mood. You have given me some new ideas to consider!
The stickeroo looks wonderful made into a tag.