One of my friends from our old school reunions recently suffered the sad loss of her husband. We weren't at boarding school together, her prison term was a few years before mine, but we became friends whilst working on the School Association Committee a few years ago. As her husband had been a farmer, I wanted something 'depicting nature' for the card I made to send to her. And this is what I came up with:
- 4" x 6" (ie. A6) white card blank
- then created a butterfly stencil using the Memory Box 'Darla Butterfly' die and a snippet of card stock
- fixed the die cut stencil to the card blank with low-tack tape and, using a sponge, added some Adirondack inking with 'Cloudy Blue' and 'Peach Bellini'. The colours are deeper in real life (thanks camera!), although still quite subtle
- left the stencil in place and, using the Misti, stamped the little birds/branches using a stamp from the Stampin' Up 'Serene Silhouettes' set and Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink
- finally removed the stencil and added the sentiment using a Penny Black 'Special Thoughts' stamp and Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink
Quite an easy one layer card to make, once I came across the idea for the design on Pinterest. This is the blog post I eventually traced it back to - loads of good ideas to be had there and on the rest of Shel's blog, especially for those of you who are Stampin' Up enthusiasts!