Coo, that went quick! It's time for a new challenge over at Cuttlebug Mania - this fortnight's theme is 'Use a tag' and we're looking for a project which is either just a tag, or has a tag added to your creation.
Details of our sponsor/the prize to be won can be found over on the Cuttlebug Mania Challenge blog.
You do have to use a manual die cutting/embossing machine for Cuttlebug Mania entries (it
doesn't need to be a Cuttlebug but it must be manual, not electronic). And, you can't mix the two, it must be all
manual please. Then make your
entry, link into the challenge, link to the challenge in your own blog
post and and make sure that you also say what products you used for any
This is what I made:
- 4.25" x 5.5" off-white card blank, side opening
- a snippet of card onto which I stuck a Penny Black poinsettia Stickeroo from the 'Snowflakes Falling' sheet
- then die cut the image using the largest label die from the Avery Elle 'Postage Stamp Elle-ments' die set and set it to one side
- snippets of SU's 'Certainly Celery' and 'Pistachio Pudding' plain card , from which I die cut the background panel and the darker 'postage stamp edged' frame - using the largest 'frame' die from the Avery Elle 'Postage Stamp Elle-ments' die set
- next die cut the aperture for the sentiment using a die from the MFT 'Stitched Oval Word Windows' set
- at this point I stumbled across some issues that would take me forever to explain here (all because of not planning properly ahead) but I managed to cobble my way round them
- assembled and glued the whole green panel to the card front
- then just stamped a sentiment from the Paper Smooches ' Christmas Sampler' set using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink, inset into the aperture
- final step was to add a loop of red ribbon to the top of the label and then stick it in place using thin sticky pads
I hope you find time to play along with this latest Cuttlebug Mania
challenge - we'd love to see you join in!
Watch out for the Avery Elle 'Postage Stamp Elle-Ments' die set appearing again before too long - there's one in the Playground Toybox waiting as a future prize :)