First of all - am still playing catch up here and will be round to comment on Playground entries 'toot sweet'! Still not made Len's Birthday card either, sigh.
Broke open a couple of new purchases from the Coventry trip (with Mrs A and Kim) for today's card:
- 5" x 7" white card blank, tent style
- an image from the Hunkydory Little Book of 'Sparkling Season' toppers, ever so slightly trimmed
- mounted the image onto a piece of deep red silk/satin mirri card, cut just slightly larger than the image
- next stamped the sentiment using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a stamp from Phill Martin's 'Scribbled Christmas Sentiment Corners'
- finally, glued the image panel in place and called it done
This particular set of toppers caught our attention as almost the very last purchase of our three day 'adventure', Kim had left us the day previously. Love the contemporary images and they were obviously very popular as only a handful were left. Mrs A and I just split the contents of a single pad between us. A great way to end up with a nice selection of 72 toppers for half the cost.
And of course, the Christmas corner sentiments were a 'must have' as I love my Phill Martin 'Everyday' ones so much! It might be just my view but I do think these sentiments work best on very simple cards and seem to just 'lift' the card to another level. I do know of a couple of other people who also indulged at the Phill Martin stand needless to say :)
I'd like to enter this into Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge #302 as well as Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for October.
And I made three the same - hooray for the Misti!