Friday 16 September 2016

More gift cards, using a lorra stamps!

As is the way of things, I needed more cards (six for now) to enclose with Snippets Playground prizes.

In the 'wee small hours', when sleep eluded me, my mind drifted to cards and I just couldn't get this design out of my mind. Perhaps I spotted it elsewhere - but it stuck so hard and fast I had to make a card following the general idea - and this was the result:
I used:

- A6 white card blank

- background 'Hello etc.' stamped using Memento 'London Fog' ink and a stamp from the Hero Arts 'Dictionary Greeting' set - all the stamping was done using the Misti as I had six to make remember?!

- next it was time to stamp the flower using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and Altenew's 'Meadow Flower' stamp (so dinky and useful!)

- then used SU's 'Work of Art' set, the smeared/swoosh stamp and Memento ink 'Rhubarb Stalk' (the other cards differ slightly in colour of course - I needed variation to keep me sane!)

- coloured the flower petals and leaves to 'match as closely as possible' using Whispers markers. I love those markers as they don't bleed through the card - they aren't easy to find now and are almost a cross between alcohol ink markers and true water colour markers. With care you can use them with Memento inks :) Goodness knows what I'll do when they dry out - it's been about 12 years since I bought them so they owe me absolutely nuffin'

- stamped the word 'Hello' using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and part of a stamp from the Hero Arts 'Truly Appreciated' sentiments set (yup, I do cut up stamps where necessary - and for someone like me it does hurt, but needs must sometimes!)

- finally, used Signo 'Sparking Gold' pen to just add some 'oomph' to the centre of the flower

What a laugh really. I trotted into our local Hospice Charity shop a couple of weeks ago and bought (for a whole 50 pence!) a copy of the Oxford Dictionary - with this card in mind. I'd totally forgotten that I had the Hero Arts set of four stamps sat sitting, unused, in a box here!

Watch this space, I could end up chopping at the dictionary and heading for mixed media! Yesssss, I just saw Santa fly over for a practice run as well :)



23 comments:

  1. This is so pretty an effective! And 50p for a whole dictionary certainly beats designer papers! Some people could really do with some dictationary papers! ;-P
    Hey I bet you could find some real funny words and meanings in there to put on a card!! Lol
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I likey this a lot. Ooops. Lucy will be telling me off! Thunder is rolling around at present and its so muggy. Can't sleep. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card Di, I love it when you see an idea and it grabs you like that. My Tombows are twice the age of your whispers pens and they are just juicy as first use. As you say they owe you nuffin ... Love your word use of that dinky stamp. 😊
    Thanks for popping over and for sharing,
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, first of all, I wish my brain storms would result in such loveliness! This is a terrific design for your gift cards, Di! I did have a good chuckle at you buying the dictionary and then remembering you had the NBUS stamp set. I can so relate, unfortunately!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card Di I like the layout I had a sleepless night due to the thunder but wish I could dream up such great cards. You've reminded me I have some whisper pens ...I wonder if they are still useable xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this Di, a great idea!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the design Di and the splash of colour begin the hello, like you I often daydream designs when sleep eludes. Need to make a batch as well as spent last evening packing prizes ready.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So creative Di l just love it something different you also got a bargain with the 50p dictionary well done for spotting it xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card Di and a great idea too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely little card Di! I have whisper pens too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Di,
    I too couldn't sleep, but am afraid to craft at night as I might find a big spider lurking somewhere, and hate spiders.
    So I just toss and turn all night till the mrning comes, and then I could sleep formost of the morning if I would let myself.
    Super card and a very lovely design.
    Great stamps used to a very high standard as usual.
    What did I hear you say the word Mixed Media. LOL.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd say that was a productive and creative use of what should have been your sleep time! Looks great.

    Now I really want to see that dictionary put to use on mixed media . . . OUCH, that hurt! Stop fling things at me!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a wonderful CAS card, and isn't it strange how the muse strikes whilst we are trying to get to sleep. I sometimes think I dream cards..lol. I think the Whisper markers are good to have lasted so long too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab CAS, so modern and stunning! You have well used your no-sleeping hours! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely CAS card. Amazing and wonderful that the card of your dreams (or you know, the one stuck in your brain) actually worked out. My brain's cards never translate to paper well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely love this card Di. It looks so stylish and I love the design. What a great HA stamp that is. I have the one that says ART and used it over and over some years ago. Hehe I knew we'd be seeing more mixed media from you too. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A super card DI, great use of the stamps. Your sleeplessness appears to have been very productive.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this, Di.
    I don't have good enough lighting to craft at night. Probably just as well! X

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it! It could almost be mixed media as you've stamped several images on top and it looks very artsy. Next time use some acrylic paint instead of ink and bingo you've got it :) Looking forward to seeing what you use your dictionary for. I'm a librarian by trade so the thought of chopping up any book is sacrilege to me :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful card, great style . . . .Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  21. o, great idea and such a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. A beautiful card and a great design - lovely!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.