I really thought I'd have to skip Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge this fortnight. The options were O for 'over the edge' or U for 'undulating'. But, I'm not a quitter and hauled out a butterfly stamp as a starting point - this was the end result:
- 5.5" x 4.25" tent style card blank - made from Crafter's Companion 300gsm water colour card, with half an inch trimmed from the front lower edge
- a black die cut daisy frame which had been lying on my desk, since it arrived as a freebie with an order
- Penny Black 'Soft Wings' butterfly stamp, stamped onto Crafter's Companion water colour card using Ranger 'Jet Black' Archival ink
- coloured the butterfly using Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils and Sansodor blending solution then tickled over parts of the butterfly with a clear Wink of Stella brush pen
- hand cut the butterfly and set it aside (had a quick lie down to recover)
- die cut a border strip for the bottom of the card as the 'over the edge' element using a snippet of black card stock and MFT's Die-namics 'Faux Crochet Border'
- added the border strip to the card front using narrow red line tape then trimmed off the overhang from either side- so much easier than trying (and in my case it would be failing) to cut the border to length before adding it to the card
- added the daisy frame where I wanted it, using a fine-nibbed glue pen
- then to finish, added the butterfly using thin sticky pads - tee, hee, and its wings also go 'over the edge' of the frame. Not sure if that really counts but am sure the border will qualify and won't get me a spell in the 'naughty corner'.
I do like the happy coincidence that the border die echoes the daisy on the frame :)