I needed to make a card for a little neighbour, who is four years old this week, this was the result:
- 5" x 7" white card blank
- piece of SU 'Real Red' card stock as a 'frame' to the patterned paper, glued to the card blank
- cloud patterned paper is LOTV from their 'Up, Up and Away' paper pad, trimmed to just a little smaller than the red layer and glued in place
- a selection of plain snippets of card, die cut with a balloon die from the Tim Holtz 'Crazy Things' die set
- using more of the same little snippets of coloured card I die cut the letter using the First Edition' 'Alphabet - Sans Serif' set of dies and then the number 4 using a Memory Box 'Classic Numbers' die
- glued the letters and numbers onto the balloons
- added small loops of red metallic cord round the tied part of the balloon and then stuck lengths of the same cord to hand from behind each balloon. It's much easier to do this as a two part process rather than wrestle with the cord all in one piece around the tied part and then hanging down
- before adding the balloons to the card I stamped the sentiment onto a white card snippet, using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a stamp from the Hero Arts 'Messages' set
- die cut the sentiment using a Spellbinders plain oval die and mounted it onto a 'Real Red' Spellbinders die cut scalloped oval
-worked out where I wanted the sentiment to go and added three strips of ultra sticky tape
- added a thin sticky pad to the back of each balloon and stuck all five in place with their dangling cord lengths then pressed onto the sticky tape where the sentiment would go
- added the sentiment, again using thin sticky pads
- to be on the safe side I had cut the cord lengths long enough to be able to trim them down once in place - job done!
I thought this card would be really quick to make - fiddle faddling around with the cord and adding it to the balloons took longer than expected though, sigh.