The current challenge over at Penny Black and More is 'Warm Autumn colours'. Such a lovely theme and this is my entry:
- A6 cream card blank
- a dark brown mat, cut from a snippet of course
- backing paper from the My Mind's Eye paper pad called 'Sunshine'
- Penny Black stickeroos from the 'April in Paris' sheet - I think it should be Autumn in Paris as the colours are so rich and Autumnal on all the stickeroos. Little tip, I stuck the whole strip across the patterned paper and then trimmed it in situ, from the back with scissors - simple but useful idea, at one time I'd have tried to cut it to size first (you live and learn)
- wrapped a couple of snippets of aubergine wide organza ribbon and narrower satin ribbon down the left hand side of the patterned paper before sticking it to the dark brown mat
- then adhered it to the card front before tying a couple of snippets of the same ribbon into a knot. Another little tip, I always tuck a little piece of red line tape underneath the knot or bow to stop it from moving about
A quick card but I do love the 'depth' in those stickeroos! No sentiment, this is just a card for general use.