We all know that Sympathy cards are so very difficult to make, especially when they're for someone you just wish you could scoop up in yours arms and hug.
I recently made this card for our blogging friend Brenda, after hearing that her much loved husband Dwayne had passed away:
- approx 4.252 x 5.75" white card blank
- next cut a piece of white card, slightly over sized and embossed it using a Cuttlebug 'Pinking Stitch' embossing folder and trimmed down to size
worked out where I wanted the sentiment to fit and before stamping it I
die cut the flower aperture using Penny Black's 'Bashful' die
- next, added the sentiment using Memento 'London Fog' ink and a stamp from the Inky Doodles set called 'In my Heart'
- used the die cut flower from the card front and also die cut another flower head, coloured both with Whispers markers
then added some sticky film behind the aperture and popped the whole
flower in place followed by gluing on the top layer - to make the flower
- stuck the whole image layer onto the card front, still using Collall glue until I find out how to use tape without positioning it wonky
- added three plain sequins
- final touch, clear Wink of Stella on the petals and leaves - then some 'Tea Dye' Distress Stickles to the centre of the flower
Made with a heavy heart but a whole lot of love.