Our sponsor this fortnight is:
I did opt for a Halloween card, even though we don't really send Halloween cards here in the UK. I'd totally fallen in love with the Witches Laundry die that Laurie used for a snippets card (you can see it here) the other week - and it was one of my picks needless to say. Her card is much better than mine (it's clean and stylish) but I couldn't do a straight CASE and ended up giving myself a shed load of fiddly work instead! This is what I made:
- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank, tent style
- a piece of purple Core'dinations card stock embossed using a Sizzix Tim Holtz 'Cobwebs' embossing folder and then gently sanded using my SU sanding block - then glued to the card front as the background
- found brown, black and orange snippets of card and covered the reverse with Stick-It adhesive sheet ready to die cut everything else
- the washing line 'posts' at either end were die cut from a dark brown card snippet using the Memory Box 'Woodland Branch' die. I snipped some bits off and added them with one upside down (deliberately!!)
- die cut the washing line and clothes in black using the Cheery Lynn 'Witches Laundry' die and added that to the card front
- this next bit is where all sanity ran out of the door - I die cut a second washing line in orange and then snipped lots of little pieces to add to the black washing line - right down to the tiny little pegs
added little green sparkly domed gems for the cat's eyes (I did pinch that idea from Laurie!) plus a bigger domed gem at either end of the washing line
- something was missing underneath the washing line, it just didn't look balanced to me. So, out came the Tattered Lace 'Anniversary - Classic' letter dies and some teensie scraps of leftover orange card. Die cut the word 'BOO', added it to the card to balance that gap - and then fished out a couple of googly eyes just for fun and added those to the letters 'O'
Phew, a bit of a marathon but I did at least learn that another time I'll keep it simpler :)
You have two weeks to join in with Cuttlebug Mania - hope you find time to come and play! And of course you can combine it with your snippets entry :)
oh wow wow WOW I love everything about this! I've seen that die used before, but not with that wonderful cobweb background that really sets it off. And the cats eyes are the perfect finishing touch.ReplyDelete
This is such a fun card Di and so inspirational how you have used the dies.ReplyDelete
Hope the back in on the mend and you are getting back to normal, having some targeted injections for mine next week, fingers crossed they work as before.
LOVE this! And it may have been an awful lot of effort, but it's soooo worth it. Just gorgeous! xReplyDelete
Smashing looking Hallowe'en card Di. Love the colour scheme. That die is great isn't it!? Love that there's a cat hanging out to dry on the line!!!!!ReplyDelete
Hugs, Sarn xxx
Good morning Di!ReplyDelete
Oh I do love this card - the attention to detail is second to none.
I bet that kept you busy for a while!!
Hope that you are having a lovely rest - it has gone very quiet in the playground but I just know that someone is up to something!!!
P.S this is very much like the Santa's washing line die that you MADE me buy!!
Hi Eve! I made this a while ago, knowing it was needed for the DT :) Yup, it's very much like the Santa's Washing Line die isn't it - both really fun dies!Delete
Noticed the Playground is a bit quieter than usual - have you checked in all the bushes and behind the bike shed? They just could be plotting summick!!
Morning Di, What a super card. The colours are stunning. I like the distressed EF background and those little die cuts are so sweet. BarbxxReplyDelete
Well that's one fab make! Take care Zo xxReplyDelete
What a fun card Di and love the extra orange die cuts over the black and the googly eyes on the cat and the word 'boo', lots of attention to detail here. xReplyDelete
Fab card. That EF is a must have seeings as my house is called Cobwebs!ReplyDelete
p.s We is all busy with our pumpkins Miss. Erm what do we do with the growing pile of pumpkin mush and seeds. We filled up all the pots in the potting shed an a pair of old wellies we found over by the swings!!!!
Diane love the embossed background and such a gorgeous cardReplyDelete
I had to giggle when you said about your sanity running out the door. There is a certain lady that I know who finds total comfort in replacing pieces on die cuts... hmmmm, I wonder who? This is just adorable, Di.ReplyDelete
Oooo what a great fun die and i'm loving the witches clothes too, Luv Sam xReplyDelete
Fab card with these dies and the stunning background!!ReplyDelete
I am so enjoying see all you Brits doing the Halloween cards this year! Each one is just amazing, and this one is adorable too. These colors would be hard to work with on a challenge, but I think you've aced it! Love the embossing, and that laundry line of witchy clothes. Who knew Witches dressed so posh! That's a bunch of fiddling with inlays to achieve this, and Miss Witch should thank you bunches! And the addition of the google eyes to the die sentiment was a brilliant idea. It's a terrific card, and just adorable. Well done! TFS & HugsReplyDelete
Oh wow Di what a stunning card l love everything about it xReplyDelete
The detail you added to this fun card is just amazing! Right down to the orange clothespins (as we call them here) and fun cat with sparkly green eyes hanging on the line - this card is just delightful eye candy! I love it all Di, great job!!ReplyDelete
What fun this is!!ReplyDelete
I love your version of the laundry line - so spooky! A great card and very inventive.ReplyDelete
Your card is awesome! Great idea for a background..I may have to try that!! So spooky!ReplyDelete
Have a great day!
That is wonderful Di! I love your Halloween card - the embossed background is wonderful and those die cut items - wow! Hope you and Mr Len get to have an awesome birthday treat, along with Parsnip too, of course Karen xReplyDelete
I don't normally like black or orange, Di... but you've made it work for me :)ReplyDelete
First class design, x