Friday 5 December 2014

Whatever next - an ice skating robin?

The current challenge over at Merry Monday is to have a bird (or birds) on your Christmas card. I needed to make my entry very quickly, in between loads of other things we're up to here - and this is the result:
I used:

- 3.75" x 3.75" square white card blank

- stamp from SU's 'For the Birds' stamp set, stamped in Memento 'Tuxedo Black' then coloured with Whispers pens plus gold and silver for the bauble

- final touch was to line up the card opened up and face down on my Hougie board and emboss a series of diagonal lines. Of course the board should really be used horizontally or vertically - but, by wedging two of the corners at an angle and then using a ruler to make sure the lines stayed true - it was a walk (or an ice skate!) in the park :)

I made two cards the same and that means I've reached my target, albeit four days late, of making 12 cards per month from January to November. Just need to label and write them now!

Edit: Sarah from Less is More says that this qualifies for the current challenge as Christmas is of course a celebration - so I'm linking in. I hate to miss LIM especially as it's the 200th challenge over there - think I was waaaay too fixed on working round the word 'Celebration' :)

It was so touching to see your lovely comments about Bernie yesterday, as you say, I just bet she'll be crafting away up there. She would be so embarrassed and humbled to know how much we love her, although I know that all of us did show that very strongly when she was her with us.  What was not to like? She was a star!!

I'm not sure how many of you know that Bernie's very first embossing machine, before her so much cherished Cuttlebug, was - wait for it - a second hand pasta machine! Now that's enterprising for you :) Bless her - always our thrift Queen!

Di
x

35 comments:

  1. Thank you for more love bestowed on Bernie! And an ice-skating robin? Apparently so ... and very adorably, too!! I love it, Di!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Di! Simply beautiful CAS creation and I adore that ice-skating robin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Di. Thanks for the hint about how to make the diagonal lines!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool - a delightful CAS card. :-) Great work xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card and such an adorable little birdie

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh robins are clever round your way aren't they? Mine don't do that!

    Fab little CAS card and great embossing.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card there Miss. Let's hope we get to see some snow and ice but not too much or too soon!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A super perfect CAS Christmas card Di and if you haven't already you could pop this in at Less is More. Christmas is still a celebration! Hope all going well at home with 'you know what'! I'm having to curb my language at the moment!!! Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Di. Nothing wrong with an ice-skating robin! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cute robin Di and the diagonal lines work beautifully to make one great CAS card. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, I stopped by from Merry Monday.... Love the simplicity of your card...it's spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So thrilled you've linked this card up at Less is More Di especially being a special 200th challenge. It's super cute and a perfect CAS example.
    Thanks as for your support and hope you'll be joining the next 200!
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this Di, such acute little robin, and the diagonal embossed lines look great.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card Di and I love that cute little birdie too ;) Viv xx
    Guest LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun little image Di, I love robins... super card.
    Thanks so much for joining in our celebratory challenge!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card Di. Love the embossed lines - perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well Miss, for someone who shied away from the LIM challenge for ages and ages you are certainly rocking them now.
    Another fabulous LIM card, love it.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is fabulous Miss Pixie! I love the robin and the way you have linked up to the sentiment is fantastic! So very inspired Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm glad your little robin dashed in to say hello and Merry Christmas! Love all the scoring! I think Bernie is smiling at all the love that is returned to her. Bet she's got a really good embosser now!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A cute little robin enjoying himself. I don´t get on with my Hougie board very well. It needs too much space on on work-top. Well done on reaching your target.
    My internet is working now it is after mid-night so I´m having a quick scoot round some posts. (Not literally of course!). Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your full of such clever simple little ideas. We will all be thinking now why didn't we think of that!! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oops sorree. Held the button down for too long and posted meself 3 times. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a sweet and fun little card with that skating robin! I love the score lines too! And a pasta machine? How creative is THAT? I'm sorry I never got to know her :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. So simple but yet so cute. Love the scoring for the background! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very cute card. I love the scoring for the background. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really like this card; it's so clean. And cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Life is so precious--another reminder to make each day count.
    Your card is just adorable--love the scored lines, Di!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great card, I have that set and also did some skating birds, but I love the diagonal line idea, thanks for sharing.
    Bernie must have been a very special lady, you've said some lovely things. Big Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Di, your card is so adorable, love your clean style!

    ReplyDelete
  30. A sweet and simple card. I'm enjoying the quick and easy cards for inspiration this year. I suspect that means I haven't made enough cards.... truly I probably should look into that.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Super cute great design Di!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.