Wednesday 31 December 2014

My five favourite creations - 2014

The lovely, and always very inspiring,  Debby, over at A Scrap Journey is running her annual challenge - to pick your five favourite creations, made by you during 2014. We already chose our five favourite Christmas cards so this is part two.

Join me on the 30th December

Looking back through the umpteen cards I made over the year, the ones I decided to go for are all where I was trying out something newly bought, a new idea or a different technique:

I chose this card because it was the first outing for the Taylored Expressions 'Mr & Mrs' plate, which was also on offer as a Snippets Playground prize, and I love how it turned out. More detail about the card can be found here.

 
I said at the time (here) that this was a total CASE of a card I found on Pinterest, great fun to make and this won't be the last time I use snippets of card to make 'Lego' for boys cards.

This was my first play with 'Brushos', a new craze in 2014 and a never-ending source of different results. More detail here and I doubt if you actually could create the same background twice!

Back in July, Less is More asked us to use recycling when we made entries for their latest challenge. I upcycled some Spellbinders packaging to make the flower using alcohol inks plus a flower die set and came up with this card - more detail here. To my delight, it was subsequently showcased - which is only an annual event for me so I was extra thrilled :)

This card was the result of me buying some Craftwork Cards 'Kitsch Collection' papers and embellishment sheets then realising just how much the little dog reminded me of the 'Radley handbags' dog. So, I devised a handbag shaped card, which doesn't need a template, for him to go on - and there's a very long but detailed step by step tutorial here - if you're mad enough you want to have a go as well.

Oooer, that's my five - but, please can I just sneak in one more - which was also a new technique/design for me:
I'd been in awe of the lovely 'cards in boxes' appearing in the Snippets Playground and this (above) was my first attempt - more detail here. I was doubly thrilled when it was subsequently published in Quick Cards Made Easy magazine :)

So that's my five (plus one) favourites - why don't you join in as well? And do make sure to check out Debby's own picks of 2014 - they're absolutely fabulous.

Hoping you have a lovely evening, whatever you have planned to bring in the New Year. We just have a quiet time here and only wish for health and happiness for the forthcoming year ahead. Wishing you all the same!

Di
x

30 comments:

  1. These are all so great, and I remember each one when you posted it! I especially love the first one, but that legos card just blew me away too! NJ on all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful selection Di, well done! (love the recycled flower one)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards and I can see why they are your favourites! Love them all! The Lego card is awesome and I think I'm going to CASE it for my nephew, who is a Lego fanatic! Happy New Year to you, Di! Thank you for your fun Snippets Playgrounds - I really enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just followed your blog in the month of November and become fan of your snippet projects! These all are so fantastic, Love them all using different techniques, love that recycle rose and the technique you used to shrink the plastic, gorgeous!
    Luv U!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always batch made the couple of hundred cards I make each year but seeing all your different styles and creations has got me rethinking! Might try branching out this year and making a variety ... maybe! Just love your work Di ... can't wait to see what you come up with next! Happy New Year to you and I truly hope 2015 brings you only good things. Love to you from Debbie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to see a review of your crafting year, can't wait yo see what you insure us with in 2015 hugs Juls xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah wodnerful Di love the em all but do love first one esp.

    Praying every blessing of the LORD on your 2015!
    Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just popped by to wish you all you wish for yourselves for 2015...good health and happiness sounds about right to me too.
    Biggest hugs,
    Annie
    ps your 6 cards are simply gorgeous....but arent they always? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, all of them! And just for the record, girls love Lego too! ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous cards Di - I'm going to try the lego card for one of my lego-mad nephews, thanks for the inspiration.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Di this is a stunning series of creations, a true showcase of your wonderful creative talent. Its hard to pick a favourite. Thank you so much for sharing them with your bloggy friends.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning selection of your work Di:) Wish you and your family all the best for 2015 lots of huggles Sue xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. hello Miss! Stunning selection Di. Have a wonderful New Year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Quiet New Year to you too my friend.

    Fantastic picks of 2014 - must've been very difficult as your cards are so lovely.

    Hugs,
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Six gorgeous picks Di and difficult to pick a favourite, but love your Brusho card and the clever use of packaging as a flower, and then that wonderful box of flowers and butterflies. I would like to wish you a happy, healthy and fulfilling ew year, and nope your eye is on the mend. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, you made some amazing cards Di! Some I remember and some I didn't. I loved them all! You are so talented my friend! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  17. All are absolutely fabulous creations Di your so creative too! wishing you and Len a Happy New Year xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Couldn't have picked a better fav five myself ! All great cards. No parrots available at the moment but you can a rat if you want. Hope your eye problem learns up fast. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, I can't say, Oh yes I remember them well, some of these are new to me, especially the Mr & Mrs one, or am I just getting old?
    Now you are supposed to say 'Oh no, not you. Gigi a bit of a take on that,lol,
    I was on time, no you were late, ah yes, I remember it well.
    Goodness knows why this has come to mind.
    Happy but more than that a Healthy 2015 to you and the in-house critic.

    Love Kath xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous makes there Miss especially one of them....grin!
    Happy New Year to you and Mr Pixie and of course Parsnip!!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Di, Love your cards, they are all very nice, Happy, Healthy New Year to you. Looking forwards to more of your creations in 2015. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness...these are all my faves too. I think my very favourite of them all is the first...Wow...that is an amazing die!

    2am and our New Years guests just left, house finally tidied and we are off to bed...happy as clams and have a free morning to sleep in...thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fab makes. My fav is the handbag I've got that pad and not used it yet, Inused to have a Westie so want to do a dog theme eventually!
    Linby x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sigh. I have no idea how you can pick just six cards for Debby! And please don't ask me to pick a favorite of these because I simply can't! It's a wonderful compliment to you that you have never made a card, Christmas or otherwise, that I haven't loved!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  25. A stunningly gorgeous selection of cards, Di! Such a lovely range of styles and colours. I love them all! Having several friends who still love lego, I may have to Case your lego card!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, I just love that Lego card and may have to make one myself. Perfect for little boys or big boys for that matter! My hubby would love one of those for his birthday next week!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your favourite cards are gorgeous
    Thank you for joining my Favourite Five of 2014.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow - I am in awe at the variety of ways you use stamps, paper and ink!! You do beautiful work with great attention to details!! I am very impressed and think you should know that you are incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fun seeing your favorites, Di! I loved that first one when you made it--one of my favorites, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.