........and made a Christmas card for our lovely Postman, Steve. He brings tons of post to us throughout the year in all weathers, never points out to Len just how many parcels are for me and is unfailingly cheerful. He always gets a generous tip from us at Christmas and I'd seen a 'post box' card over at Lucy's blog here which I loved! In fact, it featured as a Snippets Weekly Pick and you really should check it out over at Lucy's - I made a simpler version for Steve:
- 5" x 5" square white card blank
- snippet of silver holographic card for the frame
- snippet of LOTV 'Frosty Christmas' backing paper
- the image is by LOTV, from their 'Winter Wildlife' Bumper Art Pad and I unashamedly copied Lucy's lovely idea which was to snip right round the curved top of the post box taking away the little bit of blue background at each top corner. That means the image sits so well on the snowy backing paper
- final touch, three snowflakes, punched out of white card which was covered with sparkly film - and a little clear gem in the centre of each
Update on the eye, eye, Captain Birdseye!
Progress is slow my lovely friends, but I think there's some improvement. Not quite as red, angry and sore thankfully, but still not too good (and so not a good look either!), sigh :(
However, we think I've also got a bug of some sort - not to put too fine a point on it I'm very good friends with the loo at the moment. Thankfully not been sick, although am fighting that as well. Bet you didn't need to know that :) Camomile tea is going great guns here right now.
But hey ho, I did find some time to at least work out this coming week's prize from Sunday, albeit not quite how I planned. With luck the Playground will close as normal and reopen as usual with a new prize and a prizewinner from last week. I've spent some time catching up on commenting and hope to cover the weekly picks as usual. But bear with me if things don't go quite to plan.
Thank you for all the lovely get well wishes and comments - and some of the cheekier ones, which have cheered me up no end :)