Flicking through quite heavily patterned papers here yesterday, and prompted by the little flurry of triple stamping in Blogland (notably Karen P and Elizabeth), I decided to revisit a twist on triple stamping. This way you use patterned papers instead of actually stamping the backgrounds - I wrote how to do it in a blog post here a while back.
This was my first go yesterday:
- 6.25" x 4.25" card blank, made using SU's 'Crisp Cantaloupe' card stock
- papers from a Kaisercraft pad, free with Quick Cards Made Easy magazine called 'Sweet Pea'
- plain SU 'Pistachio Pudding' card stock
- a couple of toppers which also came free with the paper pad
- lots of cutting and sticking for the layers
BUT, as soon as it was finished, I looked long and hard, scratched my head and then slapped my forehead - really hard, several times! See what you think of the next one:
WHAT a Dumbo, I'd only written the measurements down wrongly on the how-to post which I mentioned in the link above! Basically, I didn't have enough of a difference in the size of the layers which meant that the patterned paper on the first card isn't as noticeable in the outer layers. However, the measurements have now been changed and the how-to passes muster if you fancy having a go - it's a great way to use up bold papers:)
For the second card I used:
- 6.25" x 4.25" white card blank
- papers from a Kate Knight 'Totally Tropical' paper pad - free with Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine quite a while ago
- plain SU 'Coastal Cabana' card stock
- the flower is from the SU'Secret Garden' set, stamped using Memento 'Elderberry' ink onto a snippet of 'Coastal Cabana' card stock and then die cut using the matching SU 'Secret Garden' framelits die - just gently rounded with flower shaping tool and popped onto the card with a sticky pad
-teeny Mei Flower white pearls added to the flower, just 'cos it looked too 'flat'
Having said that about wrong measurements, I still quite like the first card so it hasn't ended up in the bin - phew.
Edit: as suggested by Karen, I'm adding this into Technique Time Tuesday's current challenge :)