Seize the Birthday, a feminine card this week following this sketch:
- A5 white card stock
- backing paper from a pack called 'Emma's Garden' by Jennifer Ellory, which came free with Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine
- pink card from the snippets folder for the scallop (used my Woodware scallop blade again) and for the scalloped Nesties circle behind the pale green Craftwork Cards sentiment
- blue card for the plain scalloped oval and strip of card across the card (belly band as Elizabeth calls it)
- lemony-yellow card for the scalloped oval and the banner strip, which was embossed using Cuttlebug's 'Birds and Swirls' folder
- the green leaf sprig was enclosed with some other complimentary ready cut dies with a recent order from Dies to Die For - such a sweet touch by Tracy
- the flower was stamped onto the pink card using a stamp from SU's 'Secret Garden' set and 'Melon Mambo' ink pad and die cut with the matching SU die - then just gently curled and popped on with a sticky pad
Remember, the Snippets Playground closes at noon today - and re-opens at midnight UK time.
I got some of that paper too. Very pwetty.ReplyDelete
Or seven more parrot cover ups!!!!!
Hugs Mrs A.
so lovely, love the papers, and colours are fab,
have a nice weekend
Very pretty Spring card.ReplyDelete
A very pretty card, Di. I've just started working with sketches too - mainly for scrapping - and find some really challenging, as you have done with this one ... but you've interpreted it perfectly. The flower/leaf motif on the topper is perfect with the patterned paper and I like the embossed pennant. Hugs, Elizabeth xxReplyDelete
I love sketches Di, use them all the time. This is a really pretty Spring card. There's a sketch over at PBSC for April, have a go at that one too! Talking of PBSC, you won there for April in case you didn't see it!ReplyDelete
A lovely spring card - I like using sketches when I need a bit of inspiration!ReplyDelete
Lovely card...That background patterned paper is so pretty!ReplyDelete
I will have to check out the sketches...sometimes my mojo is asleep and a sketch would sure come in handy!
Nice and bright card Di we had a lovely sping day today hope you had the same xxReplyDelete
You are going to have to tell her she has to change her name as I keep thinking I have commented already?ReplyDelete
Fabulous card, love the image and the sketch, nice size of card too.
Have to say that at first I could not make head or tail of some sketches but I do have a few fav's that I like to follow, some I can;t make out at all but they are handy at times.
Have to say.. no such thing as free papers.
A beautiful Spring card Di, with stunning papers.ReplyDelete
A brilliant take on the sketch.
Very pretty indeedy! Love those colours and papers.ReplyDelete
Beautiful backing paper and a gorgeous card!ReplyDelete
Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.
Beautiful Spring card. Love all the colors in your paper..pretty. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Seize the Birthday.ReplyDelete