Thursday 24 January 2013

Sunset or sunrise?

I dunno, could be either I guess:
This is the finished card that was still in progress yesterday on WOYWW - in the end I kept the whole thing reasonably uncluttered and let the image do most of the work, especially after the hours I toiled over it :)

I used:

- 7" x 5" white card stock, with four lines scored, two above and two below the ribbons

- the image - for which (apart from blood,  sweat and tears) I used Clarity White Silk finish card, the 'brayer' (aka by Sarn as 'the tool of the Devil'!), Adirondack ink pads in 'Peach Bellini' and 'Salmon' plus a very old multi-blues pad, stamp by Clarity called 'Spruce Scene' and Memento 'Tuxedo Black'. Yesterday's post explained how I did the reflection - and yes,  I had spotted that using a clear acrylic block was an option but the cello bag method works a treat  - and I suspect could be less prone to slipping/smudging, truly I'm quite clumsy!

- peach and turquoise ribbons layered, from the ribbon box

- Craftwork Cards sentiment, mounted onto an oval of black card

Di
x

18 comments:

  1. This turned out beautifully, Di! I can never figure out whether it's sunrise or sunset! I'll go with whatever you tell me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful Di. Your hours of toil were well worth the effort.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Di

    I am so very impressed (and Shaz will be proud of you too).

    Loving the colours and the beautiful scene you have created.

    Have a great day.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wauuu it is amazing, gorgeous card-love the idea of sunrise
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful and stunning card Di, the colours are amazing , and the sunrise perfect.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Di, truly inspiring. Love the technique too very clever. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jaw droppingly BRILLIANT card Di. I am SOOOOO impressed.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks beautiful Di, I have never tried braying, can't help but think I should stay away from it

    ReplyDelete
  9. U clever ***!!! I am c**p with a brayer, and even worse at positioning stuff properly... but now I'll have to try it won't I!!
    Love the finished effect Di.. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a beautiful card, well done

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well great to see that all your hard work paid off and it is a beautiful card, the mirror image looks stunning.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whichever it is, sunrise or sunset, it is absolutely beautiful!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Di, Oh this is so beautiful either way sunrise or sunset totally stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this card, Di. I really appreciate all the work that went into the making of it too. I think sunset - 'red sky at night, the shepherd's delight' :) The topper looks great matted onto black. Almost prompts me to get out my brayer ... and I will when I have a bit more time :)) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So then where do you buy the blood, sweat and tears from then Miss? Would rather use someone else's than mine!!
    That is a cracker of a card there! Well done for all your toiling Miss.
    Your feathered friend says Bwaarrrk! to you!!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wouldn't it be based on which way yer facing? Just saying like. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful - such an awesome idea... I LUV it :-D xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sunset Di but then tomorrow morning could be sunrise :D great work, love it Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.