Monday 28 January 2013

Rudolph Day - January 2013

So where did the last month since Christmas run off to? Sarn's monthly Rudolph Day challenge, which starts on the 25th of every month through to the end of that month, is a great way to make your Christmas cards throughout the year.
I used:

- 6" x 6" square cream card stock

- image from a delightful 2012 shop bought Christmas card - it didn't need trimming or anything, just gently prising from the front of the card

- papers from My Minds Eye 'All is Bright' pad

- embroidered brad is from Papermania's Henbury Lane 'Poinsettia' set - in real life it picks up the pale turquoise of one of the parcels on the image

- two strips of self-adhesive ribbon from a Dovecraft 'Jolly Happy Christmas' pack

- sentiment by Craftwork Cards

Another great challenge is also run monthly by Hazel, over at Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Extra Challenge. Plus, each week Hazel runs a weekly challenge with a theme to tax you just that bit more.

Absolutely no reason at all not to play and make your 2013 Christmas cards in good time, spread over the year :) I just worked out that if you make just one card for each of these challenges you'd have 70 in time for next Christmas - it's gotta be a bit of a stress buster surely?

This card is for Sarn's Rudolph Day and Hazel's Christmas Extra Challenge.

Hope you all had a good weekend - the white stuff has totally disappeared from here, phew :)

Di
x

19 comments:

  1. This card is lovely and I'm loving your layout too!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Rudolf Day concept is a brilliant idea ... I always batch-make my Christmas cards all the same though so probably wouldn't work for me - maybe I should adapt it and perhaps make five or ten cards on the 25th of each month and save SOOOoooo much stress in December!
    Your card is just super-duper Di ... well done you. Love Debbie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Di, love the image and great layout.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. t seems such a simply brilliant idea... why have I not thought of it before? Making cards all year round so that there's no rush on the 1st December when I realise I have no cards made to send!
    I love your card - the addition of the ribbon is brilliant - it really draws everything together I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm all for a bit of recycling Di. This is such a cute little card and a great layout too.

    Thanks for joining in with Rudolph Day.

    Happy Monday.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Di, I love the little brad it's gorgeous.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Miss. Love the way you have used the ribbon, and would be a great way to use those fancy tapes we all have somewhere! Maybe!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh, you have flair! You lucky girl!!!
    Those flair pins are so gorgeous! Love the image...it is so sweet. Got min all entered and hit submit and then read the new rulz...whoops...
    have to finish off another one for Sarn'st onight...I like my new one better anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delightful card, Di - love that sweet image. Thanks for another lovely entry for my CHNC challenge extra for January - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Di! Lovely rudolph day card, so nice when you can reuse a nice topper isn't it! That reminds me, I must go through mine! I still have them all in a gift bag to be recycled ;-)
    Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Di, This is a lovely card and a beautiful reclycled topper/image its gorgeous nice papers and layout too! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great use of image and love the papers. Great ribbon too. Fabulous card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Di

    Yes, all our white stuff has gone too. Everywhere looks green and clean again!

    Loving your Rudolph Day card. That is one cute image and I spy a few hearts!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is lovely Di - I just love the fact that you peeled off the topper from another card - right up my street! I've got some cards that I will be using - have left them a little while in case the recipients recognise them (I have stupidly cut the signature part off already! Duh!

    Oh well - big hugs to you
    Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hells bells Miss Di I dun know 70 people!!. How about I just cross the names off the cards I received and put stickies inside instead. (If I stamped on the stickie would it make it a stickeroo?).
    Your card is smashing by the way.
    Right off to open the fridge door for a looksee! The doc is away again. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've no idea where January has gone - it just flew by when I wasn't looking. Another gorgeous card - love the papers and the image is so cute. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.